Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
Looks like Apple is expanding their retail stores further across Europe:

Apple seeks staff for new German, Swiss stores

BARCELONA, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Apple Inc is recruiting staff for new retail stores in Germany and Switzerland, according to a job opportunities link on its Web site.

LINK

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Es ist sehr interessant...

So these stores would be different than the Apple stores already in Germany? As I understand it, there are already specialized Apple Stores in Germany, and while they're not "official," the difference is minimal.

I assume this is the site they're talking about: Link
...If you look at the Google cache, the Germany and Switzerland locations were added recently.

ogee

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2006
Earth.
Munich store progress.

I was in Munich again yesterday at the (rumoured) site of the new Apple Store. Progress looks slow to me.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
They build this thing in Munich?

Hmm, seems Gravis (the biggest german Apple retail store chain) has them beat to that too.

Is Munich that Mac centric?

I currently live in Berlin, and a lot of students and people working in the media, have MacBooks or MacBooks Pro. Maybe it's already over saturated.

What the hell.

ogee

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2006
Earth.
the building is half of what was a very big sports store (Schuster), and work has been going on for a long time. Apple is certainly looking for people to work in a store in Munich, there are openings posted on the Apple .DE website http://www.apple.com/jobs/de/store

Gravis moved last year to a larger store in "Am Tal" and during the leopard launch you just couldn't move, they sold out in minutes. Gravis is about 5 minute walk from this building I guess.

RalfJodl

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2007
near Munich
new APPLE store Munich likely opening 10th december

Apple Store in Munich will likely be opening in the next few days. German Computer Magazine CHIP report on their website:
http://www.chip.de/news/Apple-Store-Muenchen-Schicker-Shoppingtempel_33873769.html

They say that music artist Laith Al-Deen put a note on his website stating that he will be performing on 10th of december in Apple Retail Store. This information was removed quickly but -as usual- someone already spotted it :D

Check the blue-and-white diamond pattern, made of blue iPod nanos, covering the glass front, a nice homage to the bavarian flag.

195917454_69977aa292.jpg

smokeonit

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2007
They build this thing in Munich?

Hmm, seems Gravis (the biggest german Apple retail store chain) has them beat to that too.

Is Munich that Mac centric?

I currently live in Berlin, and a lot of students and people working in the media, have MacBooks or MacBooks Pro. Maybe it's already over saturated.

What the hell.

munich is a large city, munich has a large university, munich has tons of media professionals... so what was yuor question???

and the store opening is confirmed, Dec. 10th, 2008... 1st Apple Retail Store in Germany:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.