Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClemsonGLI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I have a power book G4 from 2005. I can not figure out which cable i need to purchase to connect to my HDMI port on the TV. I have read about DVI to HDMI but am still unsure which one to purchase. If any of you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.:)

86283_7.jpg

I heard these prices are good, just don't know which one i need to get.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_kk_1?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=dvi%20to%20hdmi

Mind you I am trying to go from my computer to TV. Thanks again

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
All of those cables are the right type to go from the DVI on the PowerBook to the HDMI on your TV. You will need a separate audio cable though. How many feet do you need (cheapo HDMI cables aren't very good over long distances - but are ok for 3-6' spans).

ClemsonGLI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
All of those cables are the right type to go from the DVI on the PowerBook to the HDMI on your TV. You will need a separate audio cable though. How many feet do you need (cheapo HDMI cables aren't very good over long distances - but are ok for 3-6' spans).

O thanks, i will only be going next to the TV, 6 FT or less. I already have 1/8th Audio cable to my reciever. I have been doing S-video for some time, but its time to step up the quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.