Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I have got my films coming along nicely but wondered how best to tag DVD's of tv shows. Once example is a family guy boxset I have. I can rip the DVD's and use handbrake and metaX as I am normally doing but how can I have the details for each episode and the files split up as seperate files for each episode under a series name?

uva25

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
I have a related question. How do I get them displayed in order. I put 6 Sports Night disks labled SN 1, SN 2, etc but they show up in reverse order?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Do any of the info's look like this

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 87

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Hi,

The problem I am having is converting a family guy dvd. Basically when I rip the DVD using ShrinkDVD or Mac the ripper the main movie is one big file. I can rip it ok but I need to split it up and get the info for each individual episode. I am beginning to think it is impossible.

Ideally I want to be able to go into appletv, look for family guy, see a list of all the seasons and when I open them have a list of all the episodes. Currently I have a few files that each contain about 4 episodes each.

Can anyone help me get this organised the way I want?

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Well when I rip the DVD I get the normal Video file but it has various VOB, BUP and IFO Files. How do I know which ones to encrypt individually for each episode?

I assume once I do this I can have one file show up on the appletv...i.e. Family guy season 1 boxset, then when I open it there will be a list of all the episodes?

I really appreciate the help guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.