PDA

View Full Version : what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?

evolu
Oct 24, 2003, 01:39 PM
Fireworks? Roaring cat? Nothing?

yellow
Oct 24, 2003, 01:43 PM
Mass panic in the offices of one Redmond, WA company.. "Longhorn!" they will lament, "Longhorn!"

sethypoo
Oct 24, 2003, 01:55 PM
Before I head off to the Apple Store Arden Fair, I'm going to open the page up with the count down timer on it and see what happenes when I come back.

Someone should try to record it.....then post it here on MacRumors!

Arn.....Arn..... :D:D:D:D:D

Oirectine
Oct 24, 2003, 01:59 PM
I'm afraid you're all wrong. The time will begin counting negative minutes, and the universe will begin collapsing on itsself.:(

edesignuk
Oct 24, 2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by evolu
I'll wet my pants! :eek: :p :D

iGav
Oct 24, 2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by evolu

****** all.... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Oh... we get the 'Now Available' graphic... like what they had in Oz hours ago.... :eek: :p :p rad.

Lanbrown
Oct 24, 2003, 02:11 PM
A large complex in Redmond blows up.

caveman_uk
Oct 24, 2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by iGAV
****** all.... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Oh... we get the 'Now Available' graphic... like what they had in Oz hours ago.... :eek: :p :p rad.
And we'll be sitting here going 'So where is it then?' forgetting of course that Apple Europe couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery and they sent them too late to be here on time.... :mad:

Macco
Oct 24, 2003, 02:56 PM
Actually, I have the countdown movie downloaded on my hard drive. We'll just have to wait until 8:00. (Or once I get home I could just set my clock to 8:00...)

reckless_0001
Oct 24, 2003, 03:52 PM
The Apple support site will now include 10.3 support.

Maybe there will be a suprise like a totally redesigned and/or look @ http://apple.com/

sethypoo
Oct 24, 2003, 03:59 PM
MacRumors.com will suddenly have no more posts, since membes will have nothing to speculate on!

(joke) :) :rolleyes: :D

evolu
Oct 24, 2003, 04:01 PM
i wish i could record the changeover when it happens - just in case of something special...?

softwiz500
Oct 24, 2003, 04:46 PM
I set the clock to 8, it just makes the clock and info about the Night of the Panther event vanish, and they're replaced with something to the effect of "It's like buying a whole new Mac". No other changes, though.

jelloshotsrule
Oct 24, 2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
I'll wet my pants! :eek: :p :D

care to join the PPP???

x86isslow
Oct 24, 2003, 05:30 PM
they switched the hell froze over and the panther. now, if any windoze person came looking for that new program everyone's been downloading, and sees that a very pretty new OS is coming out, apple gets even more switchers :)

slowtreme
Oct 24, 2003, 05:43 PM
This is what it looks like at 8pm

mangoduck
Oct 24, 2003, 05:58 PM
"what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?"

10.3 will be released? just a guess.

[/smart-arse]

Panther Blue
Oct 24, 2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Lanbrown
A large complex in Redmond blows up.

I'd pay to see that. As long as it's Bill Gates central office. And he's there.

Hugh
Oct 24, 2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by caveman_uk
And we'll be sitting here going 'So where is it then?' forgetting of course that Apple Europe couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery and they sent them too late to be here on time.... :mad:

Hey, don't feel bad. I ordered mine this week and I am being told that it will not ship until Monday. :(

Oh well, I can wait until then.. I will just see how every one is doing before I install.. :D

-Hugh

stcanard
Oct 24, 2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Hugh
Hey, don't feel bad. I ordered mine this week and I am being told that it will not ship until Monday. :(

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and am being told it won't ship until wednesday :confused:

Docrjm
Oct 24, 2003, 11:28 PM
This is what happened in Canada, the clock started going up again. Probably just to annoy those of us that live in the boonies. Make us realise that evening shipping doesn't happen outside of a very large city and that maybe Apple's hopes for it were nothing more than that.:(

Hugh
Oct 24, 2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by stcanard
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and am being told it won't ship until wednesday :confused:

Oh man that really sucks!!! :( We should get it the same time as every one eles.. Sucks that there isn't an Apple store in my town..

-Hugh

caveman_uk
Oct 25, 2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Hugh

Oh well, I can wait until then.. I will just see how every one is doing before I install.. :D

-Hugh
I wouldn't mind but i ordered it the day they announced it and it still isn't here. I'm not the only one in the same position either:(

Giaguara
Oct 26, 2003, 01:04 PM
see what happens after the counter hits zero.. in canada :D :D :D

http://www.apple.com/ca/