PDA

View Full Version : alienware...

krossfyter
Apr 29, 2002, 02:06 AM
What do you all think about the alienware computers? As most of you know they are made for pc gaming.

blackpeter
Apr 29, 2002, 03:21 PM
If I was looking for a pre-assembled PC box, then I'd look no further than Alienware. I've always lusted after their gaming systems...

AlphaTech
Apr 29, 2002, 04:00 PM
I prefer to build my own pc systems, that way I know exactly what is inside the box. I don't think I would get any pre-built peecee system, from anyone, mainly for the above reason.

krossfyter
Apr 29, 2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
I prefer to build my own pc systems, that way I know exactly what is inside the box. I don't think I would get any pre-built peecee system, from anyone, mainly for the above reason.

wise man.

however dont they tell you exactly whats in the box...details and all?

AlphaTech
Apr 29, 2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter

wise man.

however dont they tell you exactly whats in the box...details and all?

That's if you trust them... color me a synic, but I would rather KNOW then trust. :D... Besides, which mobo's do they use??? I prefer Giga-Byte since I have never, ever, had an issue with any from them, but I did on the Asus I tried last summer. Actually, also had the issue with a replacement Asus that the store gave me, thinking the first one was bad. They both didn't like my AMD t-bird 1.4GHz chip, but the Giga-byte loved it. As Chef would say, 'made sweet love all night long' :D .

D0ct0rteeth
Apr 30, 2002, 09:08 AM
I agree with alphaTech.. I prefer to build my own boxes...

Plus there is the girl at the shop I buy all my CPU hardware is sooo hot :)

I need another hard drive :)

(insert sound of shuffling feet.. slaming door.. squeeling tires)

C-

AlphaTech
Apr 30, 2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth
I agree with alphaTech.. I prefer to build my own boxes...

Plus there is the girl at the shop I buy all my CPU hardware is sooo hot :)

I need another hard drive :)

(insert sound of shuffling feet.. slaming door.. squeeling tires)

C-

Ahhhhhh, the cute women working at the computer stores :D . There is one of those at the Harley dealership near where I live. She works in the clothes department... I am waiting for the vest I ordered to come in, so that I can go there. :D I just hope she is working there when I go next.

The things we do for women....

ericb88
Apr 30, 2002, 09:45 AM
alienwares are for people who want an amazing system but dont mind spending thousands more for a big name. Build your own or get some asian dude (i dont mean to be racist) to build you one. www.fticomputer.com great wintel machines for gaming...cheap too

krossfyter
Apr 30, 2002, 04:41 PM
cool cats. thanx for the responses...ive learned a lot...including what one does to for a woman.

AlphaTech
Apr 30, 2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
cool cats. thanx for the responses...ive learned a lot...including what one does to for a woman.

Hey krossfyter, I keep intending to ask, what the hell is your avatar of??? I can't make it out too well. It might be that I need new contacts (getting them on Saturday), or the fact that I am color blind (see just under 1/2 the actual colors), but I would like to know.

krossfyter
Apr 30, 2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

Hey krossfyter, I keep intending to ask, what the hell is your avatar of??? I can't make it out too well. It might be that I need new contacts (getting them on Saturday), or the fact that I am color blind (see just under 1/2 the actual colors), but I would like to know.

yeah cool..heh. some other cats on here had trouble also. it ,y girlfreind sitting down with her back turned to you. the top is her head the bottom is her butt.

AlphaTech
Apr 30, 2002, 08:17 PM
krossfyter, now that you explained it, I can almost make it out. How about a photo instead??? ;)