PDA

View Full Version : The Idea Basket: new(ish) technical/multimedia Mac site...I want your spam

GaelDesign
Oct 24, 2003, 05:36 PM
Hello everyone,

I've run a computer news and editorial site called The Idea Basket (http://www.theideabasket.com) for over a year now, but I just relaunched it and am trying to get it (again) off the ground. The Macintosh platform isn't the only topic covered, but it's a big part of the site -- and I pretty much only use Macs these days.

The site's emphasis is both on "power user" stuff as well as multimedia stuff. I'm the only writer so far, but I'm very much hoping to get a few user contributions now and again -- not on a professional basis, unfortunately, since I don't really have a budget.

Here's some more good news, however -- I really want to be able to feature other people's creations in various ways. So if you're a programmer, run your own news site or blog (Mac or multimedia related), are into design work, whatever -- send me all your info. I can write up a little spotlight blurb and maybe do a quick interview with you. How cool is that?!?! That's sort of what I meant by the "I want your spam" tagline in the subject. Of course, it has to be on topic and "good", but that's about the only requirements for your creations.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you and get your feedback as well as soliciations of various sorts. BTW, a big thanks to Arn and the MacRumors crew for letting us little guys get the word out on our sites!

Take care,

Jared White
jwhite@theideabasket.com