PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store Is "Sorry for The Inconvenience"

sfleming
Oct 24, 2003, 06:00 PM
Dear Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent purchase from the Apple Store. Following
is an update regarding the status of your order W6177519.

Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following
item(s) as follows:

M9231LL/A, MAC OS X PANTHER 10.3 FULFIL/UTD-USA
will now ship on or before 10/29/2003

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

What a surprise, right?

OziMac
Oct 24, 2003, 06:04 PM
I was pretty upset. Called them up immediately and they bumped me up to overnight shipping, but still I can't expect it before 10/30.

sfleming
Oct 24, 2003, 06:12 PM
ozi,

I'm not upset because I'm in no hurry to install the upgrade. I'm going to wait a while and see how ugly it gets. Or how wonderful and problem free it is. But either way I'm planning to let the dust settle a bit before I jump.

Giaguara
Oct 24, 2003, 06:14 PM
its something at least. logged in a minute ago again .. status: open. argh!

Elan0204
Oct 24, 2003, 06:19 PM
When did you place your orders?

Giaguara
Oct 24, 2003, 06:23 PM
Wednesday @ 5 PST. Just after the PB arrived.

Abstract
Oct 24, 2003, 07:14 PM
Mine is sitting in a Fedex package that I received in the afternoon today (its 8:05pm right now...), and I still haven't opened it yet.

I was soooo excited about Panther when I was at work today, but now that I'm home, I don't even seem to care anymore. Not that this post will make you feel better or anything, but I'm only trying to say that its really not a big deal. I'm probably going out tonight and will install it after work........tomorrow. Maybe on Sunday. Who knows. :p

(Just kidding)

stcanard
Oct 24, 2003, 07:18 PM
I ordered mine Oct 8th.

I haven't recieved a notice from Apple yet, but my order status says it'll ship on the 29th.

OziMac
Oct 24, 2003, 09:17 PM
Of course it's not a big deal. It's just annoying. Especially after having gone to the Night of the Panther and seeing it in action. Would have been cool to come home to that too. Oh well, here's hoping they come through this time.

j33pd0g
Oct 24, 2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by stcanard
I ordered mine Oct 8th.

I haven't recieved a notice from Apple yet, but my order status says it'll ship on the 29th.

What is your location? I ordered on the 22 and got it this afternoon. I am in NY.

OziMac
Oct 24, 2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by j33pd0g
What is your location? I ordered on the 22 and got it this afternoon. I am in NY.

Funny. You appear to be quite lucky. I am also in NY. I ordered on the 21st will be waiting for shipping until the 29th. How does that work exactly?

stcanard
Oct 25, 2003, 04:28 AM

Vancouver, B.C. Theoretically I'm closer to Apple HQ than you are!

Judging by the board other people here are getting it regardless of when they ordered, the shipping priority seems to be completely random.

j33pd0g
Oct 25, 2003, 10:31 AM
I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but my Panther box has a sticker on it that says:

Designed by Apple in California
Software recorded in Canada

itsbetteronamac
Oct 26, 2003, 08:37 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but my Panther box has a sticker on it that says:

Designed by Apple in California
Software recorded in Canada

I got mine from the Apple Store in Milwaukee, WI. But mine was also printed in Canada, I thought that was funny. Itprobably would have benifited alot of people if Apple just shiped Panther out of Canada.