Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
So now Apple have released OSX Server 10.5.2

Who's installed it? Any comments? Bugs left unfixed?

Some people have said 10.5.2 is the first release they will consider for production machines. Is it worthy enough?

Mac OS X 10.5.2 Server has also been released. With the following changes:

Software Update Server
Addresses an issue which could prevent Software Update Server from working properly on a system that had been upgraded from Mac OS X Server 10.4.x.

Mail Server
Addresses an issue in which Virtual Mail users were required to have short names configured in order to become active.

Password Server
Addresses an issue that could block object changes from being propagated to Open Directory replica servers.

mikeh123

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2003
London
Does anyone know if this is it for actual fixes.

10.5 has other problems that need fixing but I don't see them referenced here yet so maybe it is not ready fully even thought many features do work fine.

Veyr disapointed if this is all that has been fixed so far.

Client update had lots of fixes listed :)

todddixon

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Major problems when updating to 10.5.2

Installed server update 10.5.2 (from 10.5.1) and bang! Server would no longer log in as admin/Administrator etc. Could only use localadmin login to get in. Home folder for admin account void of all documents that were there. This problem has been reported prior to 10.5.2 by quite a few people but in my case it surfaced after the 10.5.2 update.

Basically a whole heap of documents that were in the administrators home folder are all gone including microsoft identities folder (machine was also picking up mail in Entourage). Basically the original admin account has been superseded by a virgin clean account with same short name i.e. admin. All the shared data is still there but all user details in workgroup manager are gone.

Please explain?

grahamwallis

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2004
Whitley Bay, UK
Just installed 10.5.2

Just updated our G5 xserve to 10.5.2 update process went fine, ACLs seem to be working well now, the other problem I was having was that spotlight would work sometimes and not others when searching the xserve RAID attached to the xserve, no logic to it some could search one moment and not the next, I'm getting spotlight to reindex the RAID now to see if that does the trick. Other than that it is running fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.