Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Sticky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK
I have produced paths of an image in Illustrator and now want to transfer them to Photoshop, I have tried copy and pasting them but I don't get a box asking me how I want them to be transfered, eg as paths, so at the moment they are just transfered as a new layer.

I am using CS version of both programs. Any ideas?

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
I have produced paths of an image in Illustrator and now want to transfer them to Photoshop, I have tried copy and pasting them but I don't get a box asking me how I want them to be transfered, eg as paths, so at the moment they are just transfered as a new layer.

I am using CS version of both programs. Any ideas?

CS2 gives the attached dialog box when pasting paths. I can't remember how to do it in CS. You could try pasting as a layer and them command selecting the layer in the layers palette to get a selection. Then convert this to a path.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    21 KB · Views: 3,861

tlogb

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2003
florida
go to the preferences in illustrator and make sure AICB is checked in the file handling & Clipboard screen.

gtr053

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2010
Tuscaloosa, AL
I have tried everything and I can't get it to work anymore. I used to always see the Paste As dialog box but I never see it and it always rasterizes the paths. I am working with CS3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.