PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: iMac Keyboard/Mouse

TiMacLover
Apr 29, 2002, 04:09 AM
I just bought a iMac 266mhz on eBay ( I'm back to X!!) and I need a keyboard and mouse for it. Well I would like the matching color keyboard and mouse which would be tangerine I am not picky, even if its a 3rd party, please email me if you do I am willing to buy/trade or a combination, thanks!

Email: TiMacLover@mac.com

Geert
Apr 29, 2002, 07:05 AM
Hey Timaclover,
why didn't you say so, I have a pro-keyboard and mouse, and an iMac to go with it.:D

TiMacLover
Apr 29, 2002, 04:07 PM
Blah :)

AlphaTech
Apr 29, 2002, 04:20 PM
Go to your local Apple Retail store, or inCompUSA and grab a USB keyboard. You can probably find a MacAlly one for not a lot of money, and just go with it. What does it matter if the color matches anyway??? Didn't the iMac come with a keyboard and mouse??? If not, unless you got it dirt cheap (sub $300) you got ripped.

TiMacLover
Apr 29, 2002, 05:36 PM
iMac was $200, I need a dirt cheap keyboard and mouse.

AlphaTech
Apr 29, 2002, 05:58 PM
Then go and check out local stores, like compusa. I have seen cheap ones there, or splurge and go to one of the online catalogs. I wouldn't sell a system that came with a keyboard and mouse, without something. That is just not nice. I would rather sacrifice one (if I might need it) and make the buyer happy, then make them feel screwed (since you are going to spend extra $$ getting a keyboard and mouse now). You should be able to get an USB mouse for about $20 and a keyboard for close to the same. Neither might not have all the bells and whistles, but they will work. Pretty much all Loigtech mice will work with OS 9.x, with the drivers installed, and keyboards usually only need drivers for additional features. Just don't get a peecee keyboard, since you WILL need drivers, and they have keys that you will have to relable.