PDA

View Full Version : iTunes

MIADolFan
Oct 24, 2003, 08:51 PM
I have no idea how iTunes works. I know how to manage libraries and play music...import and such.

Does the music keep track of how many computers its been on? Is there a way to back it up just in case your drive goes bad? I'm just worried about collecting a large library and end up losing the data.

rainman::|:|
Oct 24, 2003, 09:13 PM
well you could manually back up your music, i don't know where it's kept on a PC but it shouldn't be hard to find... of course you could get an iPod, pretty soon they'll have utilities to extract the music back off of it (like they have for mac)... as for the music, if it's a protected AAC in your name, you need to be logged in to iTunes on that machine, and you can only log in to 3 machines at once.

i'm not sure what you mean, as to not knowing how to use iTunes? you manage your music, you play your music... sync to an iPod if you have one... pretty straight-forward...

:)
pnw

MIADolFan
Oct 24, 2003, 09:32 PM
I am using iTunes on an iMac... sounds like you assumes me to be a PC user :) LOL

I was till last week.

Ummm.. so using iTunes on Mac you can pull music back to the Mac from the iPod? That sounds like the easiest way if you can transfer both ways.