Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mojopixel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Somewhere in Time
Hello MacDaddies & MacMommies,

I've just signed for and powered up my first ever Mac. It's a Macbook and it's gorgeous! Anyway I was wondering if someone could tell how I can check the system specs of my new machine?.....i.e how much RAM is installed, processor type.

My Toshiba has Home & End keys that will take my cursor to the start or the end of a typed sentence and as far as i can tell my Macbook doesn't have these keys, is there a way to customize the keyboard to incorporate these keys?

Finally, i would just like to say that my Macbook rocks! yeah! :)

cheers,

mp

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
On the same screen, About This Mac, if you click on the Version number it changes to the build number, and then to the Mac serial number in case you ever need it.

Very nice touch, IMO.

kuwisdelu

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
Assuming your model of MacBook has the same keyboard as mine, "home" and "end" are in your arrow keys, toggled by fn. fn + left arrow is "home" and fn + right arrow is "end." But on a Mac, "home" and "end" take you to the top and bottom of a page. Cmd + left or Cmd + right arrows takes you to the beginning or ending of a line. Option + left or Option + right arrows move you one word over.

Welcome to Mac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.