PDA

View Full Version : Love my Touch, just one feature I want...

Speakeasi
Feb 12, 2008, 11:41 AM
I am really happy with my touch, I haven't jail broken it as I have no need and I don't really want to but... There is one thing I would really like:
A wireless on/off button on the home screen, why do I have to make 3 touches to turn it off and on?
I know I could leave it on, but I don't get to charge it often so like to maximise battery life.
Does anyone know of a way of doing this that doesn't involve jalbreak?

Thanks

Ipod Touch 16GB
Ipod 5th Gen 30 GB
Mac Mini
MBP

Waiting for iPhone II with 3G

BrownManUPS
Feb 12, 2008, 11:44 AM
I am really happy with my touch, I haven't jail broken it as I have no need and I don't really want to but... There is one thing I would really like:
A wireless on/off button on the home screen, why do I have to make 3 touches to turn it off and on?
I know I could leave it on, but I don't get to charge it often so like to maximise battery life.
Does anyone know of a way of doing this that doesn't involve jalbreak?

No and it's really annoying too, considering that there is no "airplane mode" esque thing on a touch either. There should be battery saving options or something.

Andrew D.
Feb 12, 2008, 11:49 AM
I'm sure it can always be integrated through a future update just as they are doing with iPhone updates (adding mass SMS, change interface, etc). Apple is just to tricky when it comes to releasing "content" with new products. Just my thoughts.

Feb 12, 2008, 11:50 AM
I think there should be an auto option that you could enable disable yourself, where everytime you open Safari, YouTube or the iTunes store (or anything else requiring internet access) it should auto turn on. Another idea to implement the feature would be to double tap the WiFi signal bar to turn it off, then it dims, and double tap it to turn it on, if that's too small though just like, double tap the Safari icon? LOL.