PDA

View Full Version : New Upgrade Apps won't go away

dpeteual
Feb 12, 2008, 01:10 PM
Initially, I got the notice to get the new apps when I mounted my ITouch. All I could say was No thanks. It kept coming up. Now there are new buttons. I press the No Thanks and get a button that says OK. This takes me to the ITunes store. I haven't found any way to sync the ITouch because I can't get out of the upgrade notice. Looks like they want to force me to buy the upgrade or not use the ITouch.

phytonix
Feb 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
I just got the same issue. I am p*ssed. Apple is trying so hard to squeeze the $20 out of everybody!

CHolmes93
Feb 12, 2008, 03:19 PM
wow i got the same exact thing as you said i am so mad, i just restored it and it doesnt work!!!. please email me at CHolmes93@aim.com when you figure out how:mad:

ehsteve23
Feb 12, 2008, 04:19 PM
click ok on the upgrade, then as it's trying to get into the itunes store, quickly click the little X next to the progress bar, and it should send you to the summary page

CVV1
Feb 12, 2008, 08:22 PM
click ok on the upgrade, then as it's trying to get into the itunes store, quickly click the little X next to the progress bar, and it should send you to the summary page

its yo fast to even click

edit: NVM that works ^__^

grantwn
Feb 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
The same started happening to me. I've been wanting to wait for third parties to come to the touch before i buy more apps. the clicking of the X beside the itunes store works. bit annoying though :S

RoLev
Feb 13, 2008, 01:19 AM
I can't click the x because it connects too quickly to the store (and the x goes away). However, if you turn off your wireless (or wired) connection before starting iTunes, it should avoid the upgrade screen. Obviously this is only a temporary workaround, so hopefully Apple can fix this problem soon.

Alternatively, you can purchase the upgrade, complain to Apple that you only did so to get rid of the upgrade screen and request your money back. I don't know if this will solve the problem and I am personally not interested in having to hassle with Apple.

eXan
Feb 13, 2008, 03:56 AM
LOL seems like everyone is getting this issue (me included) :mad:

Apple is becoming VERY greedy.

My "solution" to the problem is to click the X button when I connect iPod (my internet is sloooow, so it gives me a lot of time to click :p )

justchill3131
Feb 13, 2008, 10:06 PM
It is quite annoying. I am yet to try closing the store though.

Apple needs to fix it quick.