PDA

View Full Version : First Look UNBOXING: MacBook Air's 45 Watt Magsafe Adapter!

brasscat
Feb 12, 2008, 03:20 PM
Looksee what I received today via the friendly FedEx man.

For some reason, not as exciting as unboxing my Air.... :cool:

Mikebuzzsaw
Feb 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
Seems like a big box just for a power adapter.

aiongiant
Feb 12, 2008, 03:43 PM
haha thats is a pretty big box for a power adapter haha

instant hit
Feb 12, 2008, 03:44 PM
packaging seems counterproductive towards apple's commitment to becoming a greener company :rolleyes:

brasscat
Feb 12, 2008, 04:48 PM
Actually, the box is surprisingly big and heavy for what it is. I guess Apple wants you to feel like you got something for $79.00!

Maui19
Feb 12, 2008, 04:53 PM
Unboxing photos have always cracked me up. Good thread. :D

killmoms
Feb 12, 2008, 04:57 PM
packaging seems counterproductive towards apple's commitment to becoming a greener company :rolleyes:

Better than so many accessories that are in non-recyclable plastic containers.

Besides, I've always loved Apple's fancy packaging. It's just one of many things that make their products more pleasant to use.

ntrigue
Feb 12, 2008, 05:04 PM
I understood these came packaged with the MBA. Did you get one for home and one for the office?

brasscat
Feb 12, 2008, 05:08 PM
I understood these came packaged with the MBA. Did you get one for home and one for the office?

Got an extra for home/office, yep. $79 sounded a little steep, but it's easier to transport the Air without worrying out about power.

CaptainCaveMann
Feb 12, 2008, 06:03 PM
Didn't your macbook air come with a power adapter already? :confused:

ExcelonGT
Feb 12, 2008, 06:58 PM
its really nice to have one for the office and one for home (or to carry in the bag)

clayj
Feb 12, 2008, 06:58 PM
Didn't your macbook air come with a power adapter already? :confused:Yes, and if they're anything like me, they have one installed at their desk, and another to go in their bag when they go on the road. That's why I bought a second power adapter.

Richardismac
Feb 12, 2008, 07:27 PM
i always love unboxing videos or pictures, love to see apples nice ways of packaging. i am trying to find a third party magsafe adapter for my MacBook but i don't think apple has licensed it to anyone yet so there are no third party magsafes yet, when one comes out i will buy it cause i don't want to spend the $79 the apple one it

Flyer0815
Feb 12, 2008, 10:03 PM
Yes, and if they're anything like me, they have one installed at their desk, and another to go in their bag when they go on the road. That's why I bought a second power adapter.

Same here. the day I got my air, I made sure I picked up an extra power brick. it is such a pain to go to the office and unravel a power brick everyday. Deff worth the 79 $ in my opinion.

I agree that I was very very surprised with the size of the power brick box. Crazy big for how tiny it is.

Blaine
Feb 12, 2008, 10:57 PM
can you post a picture of it next to a macbook's power brick? I am wondering how much smaller it is.

ubercool
Feb 12, 2008, 11:36 PM
its really nice to have one for the office and one for home (or to carry in the bag)

I'm wondering if I shouldn't have one for the living room and one for the bedroom! :p:D

dahcheet
Feb 13, 2008, 10:06 AM
I'm wondering if I shouldn't have one for the living room and one for the bedroom! :p:D

I'm thinking about the same thing but for $80 I can unplug and replug it around my house. What I do is have the extension plugged in the living room so I have the longer cord and then when I need the adapter somewhere else, I take off the extension, put the plug adapter back in the brick and take that with me to the other room with me. Just have to make sure I don't misplace that plug adapter.....