PDA

View Full Version : Did you sell your MacBook Pro yet?

steffi
Feb 12, 2008, 09:19 PM
So, I have both now a MBP and an Air and I'm considering parting with the MBP as the Air is meeting my expectations.

If you had an MBP and now an Air did you sell your MBP?

mcvaughan
Feb 12, 2008, 09:21 PM
Will never sell my MBP. The only thing that will replace it will be another MBP. :) My Air has a whole different purpose, at least for me.

anirban
Feb 12, 2008, 09:28 PM
So, I have both now a MBP and an Air and I'm considering parting with the MBP as the Air is meeting my expectations.

If Air is meeting you expectations, the MBP seems like an overkill for you in the first place. It seems to me that you would have been better off with an MB.

teerexx52
Feb 12, 2008, 09:31 PM

Still have mine but thinking about it

steve31
Feb 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
Will never sell my MBP. The only thing that will replace it will be another MBP. :) My Air has a whole different purpose, at least for me. I have to agree with you. I love my pro. Its great having both machines. I would love to see the pro adopt some of the macbook air features i.e. key board ,multi touch and mag latch.;) But it is a real joy surfing on the couch with the Macbook Air.

mcvaughan
Feb 12, 2008, 09:38 PM
I have to agree with you. I love my pro. Its great having both machines. I would love to see the pro adopt some of the macbook air features i.e. key board ,multi touch and mag latch.;) But it is a real joy surfing on the couch with the Macbook Air.

I agree. I'm really liking the mock-up of the new MBP with the Air features. I guess maybe we'll see something in the next couple weeks. ;)

atlbuc
Feb 12, 2008, 09:39 PM
I sold mine and bought an iMac for my at home computer. I am satisfied with my MBA

r00
Feb 12, 2008, 10:38 PM
I actually exchanged my MBP for the Air a week after having it and I can't tell a damn difference, besides gaming of course. I even game on the Air with a little Open Arena and it plays full settings. What more could I ask for? I also hook it up to the 20" Widescreen and use the Apple BT keyboard and mouse when I need to do some real work.

clayj
Feb 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
Sold my MBP even before my MBA arrived. No regrets at all.

steve31
Feb 12, 2008, 10:47 PM
I agree. I'm really liking the mock-up of the new MBP with the Air features. I guess maybe we'll see something in the next couple weeks. ;)omg I hope not too soon!!! I just broke myself buying the air....I will have sell a kidney if the pro comes soon..lol:p

mcvaughan
Feb 12, 2008, 10:49 PM
Sold my MBP even before my MBA arrived. No regrets at all.

Well, of course, because you have a Mac Pro! :p

davricho
Feb 12, 2008, 11:20 PM
Yep, selling my 17"MBP on ebay this week. (although I did replace it with a 24" iMac + MBAir, not just the MBAir). For me, I wouldn't have just swapped the MBP for the MBAir (even though deep down inside I know that the MBAir is sufficient for 95% of what I use my Mac's for.

Was a great decision for me, I use the iMac as the workhorse and the MBAir for around the house, on the deck, in bed etc. I also find I use Screen sharing a lot which works great as I can be on the MBAir and it's like I'm using the iMac when I need to check what it's up to or get it started on doing something etc.

aiongiant
Feb 13, 2008, 01:27 AM
i sold mine a week and a half before my air got delivered casue i thought it would go out earlier but oh well
it was kinda lame thought casue i didnt' have a laptop for a week and ahalf
but my air all of a sudden didn't cost as much haha since i got cash for the mbp

Mr. Gollihue
Feb 13, 2008, 01:36 AM
ha...i'm still trying to buy a MBP 17". i'm just hoping someone wants to unload theirs after buying the air, or awaiting the update. as soon as opportunity knocks, i definitely intend to answer.

xparaparafreakx
Feb 13, 2008, 02:13 AM
Im keeping both of them as they have their own purposes for me.

If anything, I plan to buy a new Macbook Pro 17" in the fall of 08 or winter of 09. Then rotate the updates between the Pro and Aie. Im not stupid or have lots of money to burn but I have a job and this is how I like to spend my money.

MacRumorUser
Feb 13, 2008, 03:59 AM
I sold my SR MBP 2.2 and got the MBA

But I also have a macpro

Catch
Feb 13, 2008, 05:21 AM
My MBP is going to a new owner tomorrow. Having used the MBA for three days now I have no need for the Pro. Anything I need power for I will do on my MacPro... The MBP is a great machine though, just not as portable as I would have liked it...

C

raremage
Feb 13, 2008, 06:02 AM
Definitely considering it, although I may just hand it down to one of my employees and retire something else instead.

Although one of my clients asked me about selling them the MBP when they found out I got the MBA. Which leads to my question:

My MBP is one of the first gen ones, nearly two years old now. MBP 15" Core Duo 2.0 with 2 GB RAM (maxed) and a 100GB HDD. I saw a similar unit on eBay had been bid up around $1K. What's a fair price for one, if I decide to sell it?

Cybergypsy
Feb 13, 2008, 07:38 AM
Sold my loaded MB 2.2 to a nice guy :)

teerexx52
Feb 13, 2008, 07:42 AM
Now my wife says she wants mine:) Man!

kyleen66
Feb 13, 2008, 07:56 AM
I honestly haven't decided if I'm going to sell my MacBook Pro or not.

It will likely depend on how many times a week I use the MBP after I get everything I want on the Air.

bjdraw
Feb 13, 2008, 11:26 AM
I have mine all ready to sell, and once it's gone I'm going to get a nice desktop. I'd get a iMac if it had an eSATA port (video editing) and I might get a MacPro, but 3k is really rich. So I might just build a hackintosh ($700) we'll see.

As for the price it seems to depend on the condition and the accessories. I'm asking $1300 for mine, but including a year of Apple Care left, as well as retail copies of Leopard and iLife (and extra connectors case etc).

Mikebuzzsaw
Feb 13, 2008, 11:58 AM
I sold mine and bought an iMac for my at home computer. I am satisfied with my MBA

Same here.