Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjr77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I had Virgin Media connected in my last flat to my Imac but I have moved home to a flat that has Virgin already so when I put my ethernet cable into the virgin modem, while it showed activity, I couldn't get connected. I called Virgin Tech Support who said it was the setting on my Imac so they went through it and said how they should be but they said my I.P address is wrong?? So how can I be connected in my last flat but they can't help this time and said that i need to get in touch with some apple wizzkid to get all my settings correct. Anyone help me please, Matt

Bulldog VII

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
London
Matt

I'm now expert by any means, but I think he has told you a load of cobblers. When I plugged my imac into my Ethernet connection it worked straight away & I didn't need to do anything??

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
well, theres customer support for ya. Is it cable or adsl? is the connection 100% active (did it work with another computer or pc?) did you go to system prefs and check ethernet selected and maybe renew dhcp? (is the modem so old it doesnt support dhcp so is manual? unlikley). if none of the above, maybe ya should call back and demand that as you are a paying customer you should get tech support that can fix your problem as that is a part of the service you are paying for.

Ashley5100

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
Trouble transferring emails from PC to iMAC

Can anybody help?? I have just bought a new 24" imac and want to transfer all of the emails from my inbox in outlook express on my pc over to the imac fr referral purposes. I can seem to do this without sending thm all back to the web server and then to the imac but it means they'll all come in today's date! even Apple care say theres no other way of doing it which seems absurd. I thought i would just be able to out them all in a folder on the pc and drag and drop onto imac (??)

Really need some help with this. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.