Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justchill3131

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Hey there.

I recently was tired of my Jailbroken iPod Touch (wanted the scrolling fixed mostly). Anyways.. I hooked up to iTunes, downloaded 1.1.3 firmware. After my Touch rebooted, I connected to iTunes looking forward to adding my songs. iTunes picked up my Touch, but no tabs were displayed.

No Summary, Music, Photos, Videos, etc tabs!!

The only thing that comes up when I click on the iPod under "Devices" is the Jan. update ad. When I right click on the iPod under "Devices" all I get is the "Eject" option. I disconnect my iPod, reconnect, and briefly see a "Summary" tab which displays Capacity, Version, and Model # all as n/a. After a few seconds, the Jan. update ad pops up.

My main question is...HOW CAN I MAKE MY TABS COME BACK? Also, how can I get the drop down options under the iPod? There's no drop down arrow that shows music, videos, or TV shows.

I can still add songs, videos, and photos manually. But I can't work with the playlists on the iPod.

When I go under settings on the iPod itself, all of the information comes up. It shows the model #, the capacity, and the version.

Where are my tabs?

justchill3131

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I fixed it. Quite simple really. All I needed to do was "Set up as new iPod." It wasn't set up for my computer since I completely erased everything. I couldn't see the button to "Set up as new iPod" because of the Jan. update ad.

I fixed, my fate in Apple restored. It was my stupidity.

Jadz

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2009
How did you get to the "Set as new Ipod" in itunes? I am having the same problem

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.