Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
I have a 3 year old 12" PowerBook, 1.5ghz, 768mb RAM, Superdrive.

About a month or so ago I had to have the power inverter or something replaced in it for $300. Thankfully they gave me a new battery too.

Here are my issues though-

- Ocassionally if the battery dies it will just die instead of going to sleep
- I think the internal battery needs to be replaced or something- it's always telling me that the clock has been set before march of some year-- How hard is it to replace the internal battery?
- Sometimes you'll be playing music and then the sound will cut out with a pop, fiddling with the volume buttons makes it come back
- If you set down the computer too quickly or firmly it will make the optical drive eject, even if there is no cd in it
- Even with its new battery the battery life sucks now for some reason, and will now tell me I am on reserve battery power at 10% Or 8% instead of the usual 5%. Sometimes it will drop from 10% to 0% to dead or sleep in a matter of moments.
- Airport always seems to drop out even when I am not far from the router

Time for a MBP?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Sounds like a PMU problem. Follow the instructions on that Apple Support site to reset the PMU, then run the battery completely down, then recharge for at least 12 hours. If you are still having problems, then you are SOL. I haven't recieved a low power warning in almost 2 years, but no 'genius' can figure out why.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.