Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geltab

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
I just checked out a floor model MBA yesterday and thought it was really nice but was a bit disappointed with the thin mouse button which sat right up along the edge of the computer. Obviously this is a space issue that had to happen in the design.

My question is for those of you who own MBA's who didn't really like the mouse button when you got the MBA. Did you get used to it? Does it get easier to use with time or just annoy you even more? I would assume I could get used to it, but it was bothering me quite a bit.

Don't bother posting if you liked the MBA mouse button from the start. I am just trying to see if the people that were a bit miffed by it came around and got used to it.

MazingerZ

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
I just checked out a floor model MBA yesterday and thought it was really nice but was a bit disappointed with the thin mouse button which sat right up along the edge of the computer. Obviously this is a space issue that had to happen in the design.

My question is for those of you who own MBA's who didn't really like the mouse button when you got the MBA. Did you get used to it? Does it get easier to use with time or just annoy you even more? I would assume I could get used to it, but it was bothering me quite a bit.

Don't bother posting if you liked the MBA mouse button from the start. I am just trying to see if the people that were a bit miffed by it came around and got used to it.

I've stopped using the button and just use the trackpad.

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
Since the MBA is my first Mac, having only one button really threw me off and took a little to get used to. But after a week and half of using it I love it. I switch between tap to click and the button seamlessly. When I had problems updating to 10.5.2 I was on my Dell laptop to get into the forums and I found myself hitting the right click button thinking it was the Mac trackpad's single button. I also kept trying to scroll with two fingers with no luck. ;)

kkrull

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2006
I dislike the thick MBP button. The thin Air button is so much nicer.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
When I saw the pictures, it looks sooo small and even looked pretty small when I saw it but once I used it after a minute or so it felt fine. But I never use the buttons anyways...it makes it annoying for people around you to hear "click click click" instead of just "tap tap tap". Of course I am only able to not use the button on my pro now because of the great gestures apple integrated into the touchpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.