Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
I need to know if you can print to a parallel printer hooked up to a PC? My PC is running Windows XP Pro. I have an EPSON Action Laser 1100 hooked up to it via parallel. I have the printer shared as Epson1100.

All of my computers are connected with a Linksys 5 Port Ethernet Hub. I can connect to my PC and get files from it and my PC can connect to my iMac with no problem but I can print to my PC printer from my Mac. I gave to PC its own IP address (192.168.100.5) and my iMac its own IP address (192.168.100.1). I do this because my other Macs I use Remote Desktop and they seem to need a static IP address so I just gave my PC a static IP address also. Then I always know what the IP address for my PC is to connect to it if its not found in the OS X Network Browser.

On the Mac running OS X.3 (Panther) I went to add a printer, select Windows Printing, then select Workgroup and nothing appears? What am I doing wrong? Is there something else that I need to do? Is this even possible? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.