PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered one of these? [Delux Black Suit case]

srt4cane
Feb 13, 2008, 10:07 PM
I ordered the Delux Black Suit case from www.Fabrixcases.com.

They look to be of excellent quality and they hand make them to be exactly the right size. It also has a small side pocket to put miscellaneous things in (external hd for example).

Has anyone ever ordered from them before? Please share your experiences

P.S.- Received my MBA today...the screen is MUCH brighter than the one on my Macbook Pro and it's been DEAD silent during an import of my entire itunes library.

joegomolski
Feb 14, 2008, 12:10 AM
I checked the site, and the sleeves look good.

I purchased mine from sfbags.com, the WaterField line.

This is my 2nd purchase in the WaterField line and I couldn't be happier.

enochpeng
Feb 14, 2008, 12:34 AM
I have one of the Fabrix Cases for my MacBook. It's very good looking and the build quality is good too.....a little pricey tho.

steve31
Feb 14, 2008, 02:26 AM
I use Radtech sleevz for the macbook but works great with the Air.

Cybergypsy
Feb 14, 2008, 07:03 AM
I dont like cases from there to me they look cheaply made.

dahcheet
Feb 14, 2008, 09:35 AM
I lust for that Black Suit case. So sleek and stylish. I'm waiting to see the pics from spyder83 but I'm really considering just going for it anyway. I do have an Airmail on order but with all the delays they're having I'm not sure if I still want it.

While some like theirs naked *cough*cybergypsie*cough* I wouldn't mind some protection.

Cybergypsy
Feb 14, 2008, 09:42 AM
I lust for that Black Suit case. So sleek and stylish. I'm waiting to see the pics from spyder83 but I'm really considering just going for it anyway. I do have an Airmail on order but with all the delays they're having I'm not sure if I still want it.

While some like theirs naked *cough*cybergypsie*cough* I wouldn't mind some protection.
I will buy your airmail if it comes in :)

mantic
Feb 14, 2008, 09:44 AM
I havn't but thanks for bringing them to my attention- they look really nice. A little high for a sleeve but nice none the less.

Might have to get the black suit

agentphish
Feb 14, 2008, 09:46 AM
Waterfield all the way.

Bought one right away for my powerbook at the recommendation of a friend 4 years ago... It's still going strong.

They even called me to check and see how I liked my sleeve. Thats service!

dahcheet
Feb 14, 2008, 09:57 AM
I will buy your airmail if it comes in :)

Well, I'm thinking if I order the Fabrix that I'd cancel the Airmail. Although, the I might just order both and decide which one I like better when I get them. If I do that and I decide I like the Fabrix better I'll let you know and you can buy the Airmail from me ;)

I might look into these Waterfield ones though. Decisions, decisions! :confused:

MacRumorUser
Feb 14, 2008, 09:59 AM
I've ordered the airmail, but I've now just ordered one of these two :)

I chose the standard fabric case as I liked the red & black combination, and added the extra leather handles and back pocket to the order.

I also took the iphone/ipod case offer and ordered the classic black one with my order.

Total including shipping was 55 (or thereabouts) which is ok for two cases (iphone and mba).

Thank you for the heads up on this site :)

dahcheet
Feb 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
All right, twisted my arm. I looked at the Waterfield ones and they look like they might be a little too bulky and too flashy for me (mesh and what not on sleeve). I like a plain and simple look. So I ordered my Fabrix Deluxe Case (Black Suit) and the iPod Nano Case (Black Classic, closest to match the Black Suit). Who knew I was going to spend $100 on cases for my MBA?! When I get everything in I'll decide which one I like better. Maybe I should have check return policies....

Oh well

srt4cane
Feb 14, 2008, 10:10 AM
hey guys. Glad to get so many responses. I'm a little worried though....I emailed them twice already asking about the status of my order because I ordered during the Chinese new year and haven't gotten a reply. Also, I paid via a paypal window that popped up when I went to check out. It looked a little fishy but I went ahead with it because all the info looked right. Any thoughts? I already got my MBA and I'm dying to take it with me in this case. I ordered feb 5 btw

dahcheet
Feb 14, 2008, 10:15 AM
hey guys. Glad to get so many responses. I'm a little worried though....I emailed them twice already asking about the status of my order because I ordered during the Chinese new year and haven't gotten a reply. Also, I paid via a paypal window that popped up when I went to check out. It looked a little fishy but I went ahead with it because all the info looked right. Any thoughts? I already got my MBA and I'm dying to take it with me in this case. I ordered feb 5 btw

Not sure what kind of delay they would have with the Chinese New Year. My company has a couple plants out there and they came back to work today. They probably have a bit of a backlog, but I'm not sure how much.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about the PayPal window that popped up. That's what I used too. Since PayPal has good security if you wanted to cancel you could cancel your payment via PayPal and not worry about losing any money.

dthree36
Feb 14, 2008, 10:28 AM
I went with this case for my AIR

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TSM043US

It is small and well padded plus it lets me carry some extras like the power adapter and BT Mouse. I know it is a matter of time before manufacturers make more cases specifically for the MBA but for now, this one is small light and does the job.

srt4cane
Feb 15, 2008, 09:00 AM
so does anyone have any idea when these should be rolling out again? I'm carrying my mba in a REALLY ugly incase.

Khurram
Feb 15, 2008, 01:56 PM
Just ordered one black suit delux for myself and one black flora for the wife..they look like great cases..can't wait for them to arrive!

srt4cane
Feb 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
Wow that is a pretty good fit. The fact that they custom make each case to fit each model (e.g. macbook case is thicker than mba case) and the minimalist design is what convinced me to buy. I hate cases with a hundred straps and handles.

Wait, so is that a macbook case or a macbook air case? If it's a mba case, when did you order and how long did it take for you to get it?

meagain
Feb 16, 2008, 09:03 AM
srt4 - Which model of Air did you get that's so dead quiet, etc? Thx.

Clix Pix
Feb 16, 2008, 09:32 AM
Wow, thanks for sharing those photos! I really like the look of the Fabrix sleeve -- think I'll be ordering one for my MBA, too!

MacNutty
Feb 16, 2008, 10:53 AM
I went this route.

http://images.luggagepros.com/images/IID16908cu1.jpg

srt4cane
Feb 16, 2008, 03:16 PM
I got a 1.8/80gb. Its dead silent except from occasional hd clicks...which to be honest Ive heard on every comp ive had

southcounty949
Feb 16, 2008, 08:52 PM
Just ordered my Black Suit laptop case with the same matching iPhone case. Thanks Spyder83 for posting pics, i was that and all the good things I hear about fabrix that made me FINALLY purchase a case after a long search.

dahcheet
Feb 18, 2008, 12:00 PM
The level of excitement after seeing this case has risen greatly. I can't wait to get mine in now.

anti-microsoft
Feb 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
WTF!!??!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p:p

They call the 3rd gen nano "Fatty"!!

LOL

dahcheet
Feb 18, 2008, 12:10 PM
WTF!!??!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p:p

They call the 3rd gen nano "Fatty"!!

LOL

They should call it stout. "Fatty" is so negative. :p

Although, I guess that means I have an iPod Nano "Skinny" :D

srt4cane
Feb 18, 2008, 01:12 PM
Does anyone have any idea how long these things take to get shipped out??
I ordered mine exactly 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I've written them two emails with no reply and i need to start taking my computer places!!!!

Khurram
Feb 18, 2008, 04:03 PM
Has anyone gotten a shipment notification from them yet?
I ordered about 3 days ago myself.

riyadc2
Feb 18, 2008, 07:43 PM
I ordered the Deluxe Black Suit two days ago and I didn't get any kind of notification/confirmation from them.

lewisozz
Feb 19, 2008, 05:58 AM
love the case. i just ordered one for my MBA and my iphone so they are matching !!!!! Pics coming soon. WATCH THIS SPACE !!!

dahcheet
Feb 19, 2008, 07:15 AM
Has anyone gotten a shipment notification from them yet?
I ordered about 3 days ago myself.

I ordered the Deluxe Black Suit two days ago and I didn't get any kind of notification/confirmation from them.

I ordered mine on February 14th and haven't received any kind of notification either. They might be backed up by the orders they received over the Lunar New Year since they were closed for it.

srt4cane
Feb 19, 2008, 08:54 AM
haha we'll have to make a thread titled

"List of MBA owners NOW waiting on their Fabrix Cases to ship and arrive"

dahcheet
Feb 19, 2008, 09:07 AM
haha we'll have to make a thread titled

"List of MBA owners NOW waiting on their Fabrix Cases to ship and arrive"

I'm also waiting for my AirMail to come in too. Looks like all the companies (or in the case of AirMail, couples) who started making customer covers for MBA's are getting backed up in orders.

lewisozz
Feb 20, 2008, 09:46 AM
How long does i take the cases to ship to the UK ?

Khurram
Feb 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
got an email today stating my cases have been shipped. I ordered on feb14th.
no tracking info though

dahcheet
Feb 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
got an email today stating my cases have been shipped. I ordered on feb14th.
no tracking info though

I ordered mine the same day. I hope I get my shipment e-mail soon. Then at least I'll know it'll be here in less than three weeks (per the estimated delivery time to the US, 16-20 Days). Can't wait to get this thing!

vakej
Feb 20, 2008, 02:59 PM
I just checked out the waterfield line. It gets a little pricey when you start adding options. I opted for the shoulder strap & flap, and it came out to roughly $70.

I like the black suite a lot. thanks for the pics....

Khurram
Feb 20, 2008, 03:20 PM
I ordered mine the same day. I hope I get my shipment e-mail soon. Then at least I'll know it'll be here in less than three weeks (per the estimated delivery time to the US, 16-20 Days). Can't wait to get this thing!

The shipment email I got was in response to an inquiry email I sent them so you may want to shoot them an email to check

srt4cane
Feb 20, 2008, 10:50 PM
khurram, where are you located? And which email address of their did you use to contact them? I haven't even received any kind of response to the emails i've sent nor anything about shipment and i ordered FEB 5th !!! I'm really getting annoyed that it's been 15 days and nothing!

El Guapo
Feb 21, 2008, 12:01 AM
khurram, where are you located? And which email address of their did you use to contact them? I haven't even received any kind of response to the emails i've sent nor anything about shipment and i ordered FEB 5th !!! I'm really getting annoyed that it's been 15 days and nothing!

I saw somewhere on the website that all orders placed before the Chinese New Year were delayed one week.

I ordered a blacksuit sleeve yesterday. Thanks for the link

Khurram
Feb 21, 2008, 05:42 AM
I'm located in nyc and I contacted them via the contact us link on their website.
Good luck.

iHerzeleid
Mar 5, 2008, 04:50 AM
god they take so long to ship...

El Guapo
Mar 14, 2008, 08:33 PM
Is anyone else still waiting on this case? They haven't answered my e-mails and I ordered on Feb. 19. I am guessing it is time to do a chargeback on my credit card :(

ubercool
Mar 14, 2008, 09:22 PM
Is anyone else still waiting on this case? They haven't answered my e-mails and I ordered on Feb. 19. I am guessing it is time to do a chargeback on my credit card :(

I believe this company is based in Singapore, which is a very reputable country. Here is contact information I dug up via Who Is:

fabrixcases.com
Chen Deneng (chendeneng@hotmail.com)
Blk 154 Simei St 1 #06-75
Singapore 520154
SG
Tel. +65-9061-6454

Get your bag overnighted to you! :o

iHerzeleid
Mar 14, 2008, 10:16 PM
i reviewed the case here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=451707&highlight=fabrix

SunshinegotaMac
Mar 14, 2008, 10:50 PM
I ordered one several weeks ago. Still waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully soon. I do so hate waiting.

El Guapo
Mar 14, 2008, 11:46 PM
I believe this company is based in Singapore, which is a very reputable country. Here is contact information I dug up via Who Is:

fabrixcases.com
Chen Deneng (chendeneng@hotmail.com)
Blk 154 Simei St 1 #06-75
Singapore 520154
SG
Tel. +65-9061-6454

Get your bag overnighted to you! :o

Thanks for the info, lets see if I can contact them this way

Mercuric Oxide
Mar 15, 2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the info, lets see if I can contact them this way

Let me know if they respond, I just ordered and want to make sure that I won't be waiting until May for this.

shreddog
Mar 15, 2008, 07:00 AM
I ordered the deluxe black suit and it took about 2 1/2 weeks to get to NY. I love the case, the fit is as perfect as can be.

johnzoidberg
Mar 15, 2008, 12:07 PM
I ordered one mid-February and received it last week. It's great. I actually ordered a Fabrix sleeve, which is less expensive, but my order was somehow upgraded to the more expensive Fabrix Delux case. I've been using it for more than a week now, and it's perfect. The it fits my MBA like a glove, not too loose, not overly tight.

fr33styl3
Mar 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
I ordered the Deluxe Blue Suit case on Feb 14 and received it last week. It took a while so hang in there guys.

joshwest
Mar 17, 2008, 11:07 AM
Here are the pictures of my Fabrix sleeve as promised. Pardon the low res and dark photos, they were taken using my iphone. The actual blue is lighter than the one shown in the image.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/285/img0206ta4.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8292/img0207xt9.jpg

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7936/img0208dl0.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2828/img0209jh8.jpg

The fit is amazing man.

How much did this run?

El Guapo
Mar 17, 2008, 11:22 AM
How much did this run?

The sleeve runs $35.00 plus shipping. First post of this thread has the website link dude

El Guapo
Mar 18, 2008, 07:30 PM
Well I was getting worried after still not being able to contact the company but I just got home from work and I see it came today in the mail.

Ordered Feb. 19, delivered March 18

Long delivery time but it sure is pretty

iHerzeleid
Mar 18, 2008, 07:57 PM
My "review"

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=451707&highlight=fabrix