Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coneman5259

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Chicago
So im really close to buying a canon hv20, im just going to make some test videos and funny stuff just to see if I really enjoy it, then I would upgrade to final cut express or pro, so my question is will the hv20 work with imovie hd?

stateofmind

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2007
Would hd video uploaded on iMovie look the same as on final cut? I don't mean after editing and all, but pre editing.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, it will look the same.

The only hitch is that I don't think iMovie can handle 24p footage, at least if you remove the pulldown or whatever it is to convert it to true 24p.

But for general use you should be fine.

Darnster

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2008
RE: Imovie>Quicktime>DVD Help!

Hi,
My family has just visited me in aus and I did allot of video while they were here. I've spent the last few weeks editing it all in imove3 and exporting the different sections to Quicktime. The several quicktime movies are pretty big files ranging from 850mb to 3Gb and I reckon the whole file will end up around 12Gb, obviously way too big for a DVD. So my intention is to end up with one dvd so I can send it out to them and they'll just be able to pop the dvd in their machine and watch it on the t.v.

My problem is, how the hell do I go about it? Would getting QuicktimePro help me? I think my computer will die if I try and load all the quicktime movies back into imove, so after being totally proud of myself with my finished movie, I'm now stuck.

If anyone could give me some advice I'd appreciate it immensely!

:confused:Darn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.