PDA

View Full Version : Apple, Jobs, New Testament

alset
Oct 25, 2003, 06:23 PM
I once mentioned in a post that I had written a paper for a religion class comparing Apple and Jobs to Christianity and the New Testament. A lot of people requested that I post the paper, but I never got around to it. I came across it, just now, and thought I'd share. It isn't my proudest achievement in eloquent writing, but it's a fun paper.

Forgive generalities regarding Apple history, Jobs, NeXT, OS X, etc. This was written for a religion professor, not for Mac geeks. For this reason, I didn't strive for as much accuracy as I might in other cases. I also hashed it out at the last minute. It was supposed to be 1,000 words, but I only wrote about 850, late at night when it was due in the morning. I still got an A+ and my professor read it to the class as an example of meeting the requirements of the assignment (to compare an aspect of modern life to the New Testament).

It should be noted that I am not religious, and I was really reaching for content, here. I'm pretty impressed with my ability to BS. :D

I'm linking to the file (it's .rtf) on my iDisk, rather than posting it to MR. Download the paper (only 6k) (http://homepage.mac.com/danyoung/.cv/danyoung/Public/NewTestament.rtf-binhex.hqx)

Feedback welcome.

Dan

themadchemist
Oct 26, 2003, 04:40 PM
that's a clever paper! good work!

bennetsaysargh
Oct 26, 2003, 08:56 PM
that's great! i love it when so many things can be related in odd ways no one has thought of.

alset
Oct 26, 2003, 09:05 PM
Thanks! I posted that and it seemed that nobody read it so I felt kinda silly.... I had the idea within sixty seconds of my professor introducing the assignment - and nearly all the bullet points within a few minutes. Whenever something hits that hard and fast it's usually a safe bet. :)

Dan

alset
Nov 8, 2003, 06:15 PM
Anyone else read the paper?

Dan

MacsRgr8
Nov 9, 2003, 10:28 AM
Nice!

Only one computer manufacurer can be compared this way.....

Well done.