Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manatee

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I work in a PC/Dot NET web app development shop. People have always realized that my MacBook Pro was different, but it gets few comments.

Yesterday I had my MacBook Air inside my leather folio at a meeting, and one of the managers pointed to it and said, "I have no idea what that is, but I covet it." It was just a sliver of silver visible at the edge of my notebook. At that point, she didn't even know it was a computer.

After the meeting, everyone wanted to check out the Air. People were just about 100% favorably impressed when they saw the Air in action. They typed on it, lifted it up, caressed the sleek aluminum, and played with every non-Mackie's favorite Mac app -- PhotoBooth.

I think this computer is catching the eye of non-Apple loyalists the same way the iPod does. I guess that says a lot for the design since a regular MacBook offers much better value in terms of features the money paid, but is almost invisible to the PC-faithful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.