PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the Dell 2208WFP?

gazfocus
Feb 14, 2008, 07:37 AM
I am looking to buy a new monitor and have seen the Dell 2208WFP but wondered what type of panel it uses. I used to have a TN panel which I didn't like. What type does this use?

The full specs are here (http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=130004)
Any thoughts about the quality of this?

Thanks

Dave00
Feb 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
I haven't seen this model in person, but a couple things-
(1) Most people seem to recommend going with a 24 or a 20-inch monitor; 22-inch usually have same resolution as 20-inch, just bigger pixels.
(2) The response time is 5ms. This is very typical for TN panels, very unusual for the better screens. So if I had to guess, I'd say it's TN.

Dave

gazfocus
Feb 14, 2008, 09:13 AM
I haven't seen this model in person, but a couple things-
(1) Most people seem to recommend going with a 24 or a 20-inch monitor; 22-inch usually have same resolution as 20-inch, just bigger pixels.
(2) The response time is 5ms. This is very typical for TN panels, very unusual for the better screens. So if I had to guess, I'd say it's TN.

Dave

Thanks. I was originally looking at 24" (although would prefer a 23" ACD) but manufacturers don't seem to like publicising which type of panels they use.

If this model is a TN, I'll stay away. Thanks again

UWF404
Feb 14, 2008, 09:42 AM
I have one hooked up to my Powerbook and it rocks. Looks substantial compared to my old 20' Ultrasharp wide. Color and contrast are outstanding and the monitor itself is very nice looking. It's also nice to have all those USB ports.

:D

gazfocus
Feb 14, 2008, 11:18 AM
I have one hooked up to my Powerbook and it rocks. Looks substantial compared to my old 20' Ultrasharp wide. Color and contrast are outstanding and the monitor itself is very nice looking. It's also nice to have all those USB ports.

:D

I used to have a Dell 1907FP monitor which was great while I had it but then when I bought my HP (TN Panel), the colours were all sharper and brighter than the dell (whites were whiter and blacks were darker) but the quality wasn't there.

Where can I get a mix between quality and bright colours?