Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
of course it does. The Radeon 9800 pro Mac edition

Here is a picture of the ports (1 ADC and 1 DVI)

graphicsadcdvi06232003.gif

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
have to make sure i point that out, they put in the oem but not over the counter, ati is simply amazing:confused: but they do seem to have a great card in the 9800. 9800&ADC would equal a great mac card.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Yeah...
ATi could warn people planning on buying the Retail 9800 that there is no ADC, "only" DVI and VGA (and TV out). So you would need a (pretty expensive) DVI-ADC adapter with it, if ya want to connect an Apple display to it.
But, we know that this way ATi can keep this o-so-gr8 grfx card pretty cheap... same price as PC (!).
Older retail cards like the 8500 card was much the same... DVI, VGA, TV-out.
Usually the ones who know of the existance of these retail cards and want one, are also the ones who know the pro's and cons.
Had to make sure I pointed that out aswell... ;)

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
its interesting they put adc on the 9000, what about nvidea? did Apple make these cards or did someone else make apple's nvidea stuff? after all we have not seen anything since the geforce4 tianium? so ati is the one only graphics card maker for the mac?

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
The GeForce FX 5200 by nVidia is still amoungst us, but no high-end card from them in a Mac.... (not now, anyways).
The GeForce 4 Ti 4600 is still a BTO card in the G4. The Geforce 4 is built by Apple, BTW... included the ADC. That's why this card is so terribly expensive.
You're right about the 9000. But as this card is an OEM card aswell, I expect Apple + ATi made a joint effort to keep this card as low cost as possible. The 9000 is not a high-end card by any means, thus should be very cheap.
ATi is now the only high-end grfx card manufacturer for Mac. If you want the highest framerates, you must have the Radeon 9800, either retail (no ADC), or G5 BTO (with ADC). I do expect nVidia to come back with a shout, though.. especially after the ATi/nVidia -xBox trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.