PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 500...any takers?


eyelikeart
Apr 29, 2002, 07:12 AM
Rev. A PowerBook G4...

500 Mhz
384 MB RAM
8 MB VRAM
30 gig IBM Travelstar hd
OS 9.2 & OS 10.1.4 fully updated
Still under warranty

I have babied this thing....it's in almost new shape!

any questions either email, PM me or post them here...

iGav
Apr 29, 2002, 07:22 AM
Ha Ha!! U beat me to it.... I was considering getting rid of my Rev A 500 too!!

Then decided that.... no alas... my new mac has to wait until Feb 03....... I've got to hold firm on this!!

Oh well...... :rolleyes:

britboy
Apr 29, 2002, 09:19 AM
ha ha ha

i wish i could do the same. I'll just have to make do with a 512mb ram upgrade to tie me over to sometime mid-2003. Then i'll be in the market again.

In the meantime, i'll just drool.... :p

eyelikeart
Apr 29, 2002, 09:42 AM
I'm making a lateral jump into 667...

I figure between the faster processor, faster bus, L3 cache, upgraded video...I'll be set...he he he :p

AlphaTech
Apr 29, 2002, 10:36 AM
I'm looking to sell my PowerBook G4 500 as well.. with the GB of RAM, and such. For the right price, I will also toss in the 60GB hard drive.

Anyone interested????

I will also toss in the Brenthaven backpack carrier for it that has done so well for me. OS 9.2.2, as well as 10.1.4 will be installed. I will send the admin password on a slip o paper with it, so that the buyer can do whatever they want to it.

Brief spec's of PowerBook
G4 500MHz
20GB Hard drive
1GB RAM
DVD-Rom drive

Accepting all offers/bids for this. 60GB IBM Travelstar will cost you more (bought it brand new this year for about $450).

digital1
Apr 29, 2002, 10:38 AM
Both of you guys! How much are you selling your G4 500 laptops for? What does it all include? What price range are you looking for?

Mr. Anderson
Apr 29, 2002, 12:29 PM
I find it odd that a lot of us are waiting until Feb, O3 to make the move to a new machine. Mine most likely will be the pro desktop then. I'd love to have a new TiPB, but I already have the 667, so it doesn't make sense (financially) to make the move.

So why are some of you waiting till 03?

MacAztec
Apr 29, 2002, 12:51 PM
Alpha...I would like that one. Maybe for 1800? And eye, maybe 1700?