Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I have been seeing this message at least once a day trying to access these boards, and the MacRumors news server, for the last few months. Safari times out. These "outages" seem to last a few minutes at a time and then are resolved, until the next time. Is anyone else experiencing this situation?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    32 KB · Views: 109

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I was experiencing something like this too earlier today. I thought it was just my ISP but maybe not.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
At least I'm not the only one. And for the record, I don't have this problem with any other server, just MacRumors and the forum server.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
I've been having a lot of problems with Safari since 10.5.2 was released. Not only with reaching this page but with many other pages as well. Sometimes Safari seems to slow down to a crawl and I have to completely restart the program to get decent use out of it. Hopefully the next version arrives soon, I don't want to switch to Firefox.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
It's not a general Safari issue for me. It only happens here, and it's not a matter of pages loading slowly. When the problem arises, the pages don't load at all. As others have reported, the problem is usually resolved in a few minutes, but during that time, the servers are completely inaccessible.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Update: For me at least, this problem grows steadily worse. When I started this thread, it occurred maybe one or twice a day. I'd say it's closer to five or six times a day now. The "outages" last anywhere from 15 seconds to several minutes, during which time the pages load partially or not at all.

If I'm the only one, maybe I should take this as cosmic advice to spend less time on these forums...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.