PDA

View Full Version : Saving $60 on a MBA, worth it?

Cyroceon
Feb 14, 2008, 07:43 PM
I am currently bidding on a MBA on eBay at $1600 and shipping is $40. I can get it from the Apple Store with discount for $1700. I'm not really in the market for it but it seems like a good deal. Am I making a mistake, as I am really in the market for a MacBook with 2GB ram and this just seems better?

heatmiser
Feb 14, 2008, 08:18 PM
It seems like you're asking two questions here:

1.) Should I bid on this eBay MBA or buy one from Apple?

2.) Should I get an MBA at all, or an MB?

Thus, I shall provide two answers:

1.) Stay away from eBay (unless you think the reward of saving $60 is worth the risk of losing $1600).

2.) Decide which kind of computer you want before dropping anything close to $1600 in cash.

Cyroceon
Feb 15, 2008, 08:32 AM
It seems like you're asking two questions here:

1.) Should I bid on this eBay MBA or buy one from Apple?

2.) Should I get an MBA at all, or an MB?

Thus, I shall provide two answers:

1.) Stay away from eBay (unless you think the reward of saving $60 is worth the risk of losing $1600).

2.) Decide which kind of computer you want before dropping anything close to $1600 in cash.

That is great advice. I got sniped at the last few seconds on eBay. If I won it, I was gonna flip it back on eBay. Thank you though.

Cybergypsy
Feb 15, 2008, 08:35 AM
I have never bought a mac from ebay and never will, spend the extra and buy from apple or amazon...

Pees330
Feb 15, 2008, 09:12 AM
I would probably never buy a new mac on ebay only it was an older model that is under $500. All you hear of nowadays are people getting no laptop or phone books instead of PS3s.