PDA

View Full Version : problem with using 3-fingers gesture in firefox

kanon14
Feb 14, 2008, 09:29 PM
Have anyone encountered this problem? I cannot use the 3-fingers back/forward gesture in firefox 3 beta. The gesture works fine under Safari though. I can't find anywhere to turn on gesture manually under firefox (2-fingers scrolling works).

MazingerZ
Feb 14, 2008, 09:29 PM
Have anyone encountered this problem? I cannot use the 3-fingers back/forward gesture in firefox 3 beta. The gesture works fine under Safari though. I can't find anywhere to turn on gesture manually under firefox (2-fingers scrolling works).

Only works in apple apps so far.

ahaxton
Feb 14, 2008, 09:31 PM
Firefox hasn't made use of the new gestures as of yet. Only the MBA has it and it's brand new. You can't do pinch or anything like that in Firefox.

You should try out the new safari though. I like it better than firefox now.

BPerdeck
Feb 14, 2008, 09:34 PM
what exactly is the new safari? I have 3.0.4 is the new one everyone is reffereing to?

TimJim
Feb 14, 2008, 09:38 PM
New gestures are only on the Apple made apps.

Use safari, you'll like it.

kanon14
Feb 14, 2008, 09:38 PM
I have 3.0.4. too. Is that the new Safari? I don't wanna use Safari for because 1) I can't use the cmd-# short-key to switch between tabs (is there any short-key to do that in Safari?) and 2) the login screen to my school's webpage/webmail doesn't like Safari :(

tofupancake
Feb 15, 2008, 09:01 AM
I have 3.0.4. too. Is that the new Safari? I don't wanna use Safari for because 1) I can't use the cmd-# short-key to switch between tabs (is there any short-key to do that in Safari?) and 2) the login screen to my school's webpage/webmail doesn't like Safari :(

Command-Shift-LeftArrow (or RightArrow)

h4ck
Oct 19, 2008, 06:56 PM
too many keys. i too would switch to safari, if i could use the MUCH more convenient (and familiar) command+1/2/3/4/5/etc to switch tabs. its REALLY frustrating to be on a page in safari, and i hit apple 1 to refer to the other tab and sure enough it instead goes to apple.com. even worse when its a secure site, with text entered.

i hope mozilla sorts out the 3 finger gesture soon!

Command-Shift-LeftArrow (or RightArrow)

h4ck
Oct 19, 2008, 07:12 PM
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72694

i found this today. prefpane that lets you define touch gestures for different apps.

(posting the file, so if you're not registered on ipodtouchfans....)

works fine!

Essjay
Oct 22, 2008, 06:17 PM
Just read this on Gizmodo, might be exactly what you are looking for:

http://gizmodo.com/5067356/experimental-firefox-31-build-gets-awesome-multitouch-gestures-on-macs

hooly
Oct 23, 2008, 01:18 AM
multiclutch (google it, it's the first hit) let's you add three finger swipes for firefox, it is fantastic :)

I like safari but I have to use firefox because I use foxmarks to sync across windows, mac and portable devices :apple: