PDA

View Full Version : Can't see Airport Laptop on Network...

RenaissanceKid
Oct 26, 2003, 01:56 AM
Okay, this isn't rocket science, BUT...

I have four computers in my studio: a PC, G4, G3, and a 17"PB. I'm using a Linksys Router (BEFSR41) and an Airport Extreme Base Station.

I've tried both going DSL-->Airport-->Router, and going DSL-->Router-->Airport, and for the life of me, cannot get my wired computers to see the laptop.

All four have internet access, and the three wired computers can share files, no problem. I just can't figure out how to get the laptop on the network.

I'm running XP on the PC, 9.2 on the G4, 9.1 on the G3 and Jaguar on the PB. If I wire the PB into the network, it works no problem. Any ideas?

Much Thanks,
RK

m4rc
Oct 26, 2003, 02:48 AM
Personally I think DSL/Airport/Router is the better way to give you more chance of getting the laptop seen. Have you gone to sharing in prefs on the laptop and made sure that it will talk to everyone via Airport? Can you use the 'net on the laptop wirelessly using the above config, and on the other computers at the same time? If not, it looks like its the Airport giving grief. Let me know how you get on, and feel free to contact me via iChat, I am on now.

marc

RenaissanceKid
Oct 26, 2003, 08:48 PM
I do have interent access on all four computers. The problem was that I couldn't get the three wired systems to see the wireless laptop. I finally tried just inputting the IP address of the laptop manually in chooser on the wired G4 and it finally saw it. It's not popping up in the window to select, but it IS there. I've set it to automatically login when the G4 reboots. This doesn't seem like the easiest way, but it works nonetheless. Thanks!

RK