PDA

View Full Version : Civ3

Mr. Anderson
Apr 29, 2002, 12:44 PM
I went out and bought Civ3 a week or so ago - I loved the other ones, turned based games are better if you've got work to do and can leave board alone for a while. But I have a few questions

Is there a way to put it in the background? You could do this with CivII, but I can't seem to do it now?

Its a lot tougher than any others, anyone got any good advice on getting up and going? Combat is more difficult and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to figure out if you're going to win or not. I'm routinely killed by weaker opponents.

jelloshotsrule
Apr 29, 2002, 01:02 PM
as far as putting it in the background... only way at all of doing that is to pause (app-p) but i'm sure that's not what you're looking for... but it does take it out of full screen for you.

i usually take a very peaceful method... starting up as many cities as possible and just trying to take land. this will allow you to grow much faster, and also helps you to win over other civ's towns... they just want to become a part of your civ.

the main thing to worry about combat wise at the beginning is the bandits (or whatever they're called)... the other civs, as long as you're on a relatively easy setting for now, are pretty peaceful and not worth fighting at the beginning i don't think...

hopefully once school's done i'll get back into it. my girlfriend loved playing it on my comp so much that she asked for the pc version for her b-day, as then she could play it at home... ha