PDA

View Full Version : HELP! With RemoteDisk iBook G4/Macbook Air

fauxdustin
Feb 16, 2008, 01:31 PM
Okay,

I've already tried searching/looking on several other websites, and I cannot figure this out.

I've got remote disk set up on my iBook G4, and it is set to sharing with my Macbook Air.

I can see the computer under "Remote Disc" on the Air, and click on it.

I'm trying to install Microsoft Office 2004 on to my Air, so I click on the disc and it says "This operation cannot be completed because the original item for Microsoft Office 2004 cannot be found."

I don't know where to go from here!

I appreciate your help, thanks! :]

diabolic
Feb 16, 2008, 02:08 PM
Is it possible you are installing an upgrade version of Office? Without a previous version already installed on the system, I don't think it will work.

Just my guess...

alpinadvl
Feb 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
I have to assume you are not "setup" for Remote Disk.

If that is the case:

Step 1 : Insert "Disc 1" that came with your MBA into the host computer (in this case your iBook G4)

Step 2: Open the package "DVD/CD Sharing (this should really say "Remote Disc" to help avoid confusion !....but i digress)

Step 3 : After installing on your host drive - I believe it will ask you to restart

Step 4: Go to System Preferences >> then "Sharing" >> Click on CD/DVD sharing and turn it on

Step 5: click on Remote Disk on the Macbook Air as you attempted first - and you should be all set

-alf

fauxdustin
Feb 16, 2008, 03:13 PM
thanks for your help, but i'd already installed the software.

anyways. just now i tried it again, and suddenly it worked! i am so confused, but i got it to work, so whatever.

haha :]