PDA

View Full Version : Very slight vibration to right and left of trackpad

netdog
Feb 16, 2008, 04:24 PM
If you put your fingers lightly on the deck, you feel a slight but constant vibration almost like it is electrically charged. Rest your hands more heavily and it seems to go away, but lighten up and you feel it again.

Anybody have this? Is it worth getting checked out? At this price, it seems like this machine should be just exactly right. Will the geniuses do anything for me?

Cybergypsy
Feb 16, 2008, 06:48 PM
If you put your fingers lightly on the deck, you feel a slight but constant vibration almost like it is electrically charged. Rest your hands more heavily and it seems to go away, but lighten up and you feel it again.

Anybody have this? Is it worth getting checked out? At this price, it seems like this machine should be just exactly right. Will the geniuses do anything for me?Mine did this the first day and went away.....really felt weird

Kinda like static shock....

mcvaughan
Feb 16, 2008, 07:08 PM

Anybody have this? Is it worth getting checked out? At this price, it seems like this machine should be just exactly right. Will the geniuses do anything for me?

Mine has no vibration whatsoever, but maybe because I have an SSD?

MazingerZ
Feb 16, 2008, 07:38 PM
1.6/HDD here and not vibration at all even with the fan at 6196.

jvette
Feb 16, 2008, 08:14 PM
That sounds like a normal hard drive vibration. That hard drive is really close to your hands with this being so thin.

NC MacGuy
Feb 16, 2008, 08:37 PM
Is it with charger plugged in? Try unplugging and see if they disappear.

netdog
Feb 17, 2008, 02:49 AM
Mine did this the first day and went away.....really felt weird

Kinda like static shock....

Yes. I was trying to think of a way to describe it.

Cybergypsy
Feb 17, 2008, 07:25 AM
Yes. I was trying to think of a way to describe it.mine had it one day, the next it was fine never returned at all

kanon14
Feb 17, 2008, 09:49 AM
I felt the same thing too. I thought it was just some kind of friction?

Malcster
Feb 17, 2008, 03:16 PM
Ive experienced this before with my MBP, are you using the extension lead supplied? if not and you have the plug attached straight onto the mba power brick then it is not earthed which i believe may cause this, if you use the supplied extension cable it is properly earthed and should not exhibit this problem.

kanon14
Feb 17, 2008, 08:26 PM
so will this actually cause any damage to the MBA, or me?

delta90017
Feb 13, 2013, 02:32 PM
Feb 2013 I just started using my new Air in Mexico City. The entire machine has a slight vibration when you touch it. It disappears if you touch slightly harder, just as the user above reported. At first, I was afraid the surface might be electrically charged, but no shock. Power is normal where I am . . . no converter or anything needed. It's a mystery. And an annoying one at that.