Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
If you put your fingers lightly on the deck, you feel a slight but constant vibration almost like it is electrically charged. Rest your hands more heavily and it seems to go away, but lighten up and you feel it again.

Anybody have this? Is it worth getting checked out? At this price, it seems like this machine should be just exactly right. Will the geniuses do anything for me?

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
If you put your fingers lightly on the deck, you feel a slight but constant vibration almost like it is electrically charged. Rest your hands more heavily and it seems to go away, but lighten up and you feel it again.

Anybody have this? Is it worth getting checked out? At this price, it seems like this machine should be just exactly right. Will the geniuses do anything for me?
Mine did this the first day and went away.....really felt weird

Kinda like static shock....

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX

Mine has no vibration whatsoever, but maybe because I have an SSD?

jvette

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
That sounds like a normal hard drive vibration. That hard drive is really close to your hands with this being so thin.

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
Ive experienced this before with my MBP, are you using the extension lead supplied? if not and you have the plug attached straight onto the mba power brick then it is not earthed which i believe may cause this, if you use the supplied extension cable it is properly earthed and should not exhibit this problem.

delta90017

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
Air vibration

Feb 2013 I just started using my new Air in Mexico City. The entire machine has a slight vibration when you touch it. It disappears if you touch slightly harder, just as the user above reported. At first, I was afraid the surface might be electrically charged, but no shock. Power is normal where I am . . . no converter or anything needed. It's a mystery. And an annoying one at that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.