PDA

View Full Version : URGENT help needed

gsmumbo
Feb 17, 2008, 12:12 AM
I just got my MacBook Air today. I had a dance to go to so I left the updates going while I was gone. When I got home my gf wanted to see it so I got it from the house. It needed a restart so I did and closed the lid to take it to the car. I get it in and open it up and it starts its updates. She doesn't know and closes the lid mid update and it goes to sleep. It would not wake up so I had to hard shutdown it. Now I get to the logon screen, it logs me on to a blue screen, then logs me right back out again. Any help on how to fix this would be awesome!

Kinetic
Feb 17, 2008, 01:07 AM
I just got my MacBook Air today. I had a dance to go to so I left the updates going while I was gone. When I got home my gf wanted to see it so I got it from the house. It needed a restart so I did and closed the lid to take it to the car. I get it in and open it up and it starts its updates. She doesn't know and closes the lid mid update and it goes to sleep. It would not wake up so I had to hard shutdown it. Now I get to the logon screen, it logs me on to a blue screen, then logs me right back out again. Any help on how to fix this would be awesome!

Since you just got it and probably haven't installed a lot, you could try reinstalling Leopard (from the disks) and then redo the updates. It'd be easy if you have the superdrive, but if not, you can try and follow the sticky at the top . You'd get the added benefit of removing things you don't care about and reclaiming some precious space. Good luck!