PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Safari resizes window when new address is typed

Chomolungma
Oct 26, 2003, 02:09 PM
Safari resizes my window, when I type in a new address/ and hit return on the address bar. This problem can be circumvented if i choose to leave ~10 windows open, which is okay using Expose. Annoying nevertheles!

2nd issue: Why not have a progress bar in the status bar? I know this is intergrated into the address bar, but I never display the address bar unless when I type in a new http address. I'm obsessive/compulsive when it comes to display real estate (displaying only what is needed i.e. the content of the website and nothing more).

Thanks in advance for the advice or a solution (if there is any)

Chomo

slowtreme
Oct 26, 2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Chomolungma
I'm obsessive/compulsive when it comes to display real estate And yet you leave the status bar on? It all seems petty to me. Sorry, I think you are up against a design feature, not a bug.

Chomolungma
Oct 26, 2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by slowtreme
And yet you leave the status bar on? It all seems petty to me. Sorry, I think you are up against a design feature, not a bug.

If you do not display the status bar, the window sort of hangs or has a chop-off look (pyschologically speaking, it bugs me). I know, I should really see a therapist. Be that as it may, you are right, it is a design issue and not a bug.