PDA

View Full Version : Airport Extreme losing connection

punitnaker
Feb 17, 2008, 03:39 PM
I have the latest Airport Extreme model and i think :confused: it's within warranty and less than a year old.

I think for a while now, it's been cutting out and losing connection all the time. Sometimes every few minutes. I thought it was a temporary problem, maybe firmware related but its just getting annoying!

Is this a common problem, is it something that is firmware related? Should i try my luck with taking it back to an Apple Store (closest one is 50 miles :mad:)?

elmo151
Feb 17, 2008, 04:06 PM
I have the latest Airport Extreme model and i think :confused: it's within warranty and less than a year old.

I think for a while now, it's been cutting out and losing connection all the time. Sometimes every few minutes. I thought it was a temporary problem, maybe firmware related but its just getting annoying!

Is this a common problem, is it something that is firmware related? Should i try my luck with taking it back to an Apple Store (closest one is 50 miles :mad:)?

if less than a year could it still be covered by warranty?

is there interference from another device...cordless phone, ....

try changing position of all devices. check cables...try replacements.

good luck

mojoxp
Feb 19, 2008, 08:52 AM

You running BitTorrent? I've noticed that since moving to 10.5.x, and whatever the latest version of Azereus is (upgraded both around the same time), that it causes the APE to reboot every once in awhile. Haven't really looked into it, but I'd assume its causing too many connections to be opened for the router to deal with.

richpjr
Feb 19, 2008, 11:03 AM
I am experiencing the same thing, to the point where it's unusable. I have seen many threads where people are downgrading to older firmware in an attempt to get around this.

punitnaker
Feb 22, 2008, 11:06 AM
I am experiencing the same thing, to the point where it's unusable. I have seen many threads where people are downgrading to older firmware in an attempt to get around this.

sorry to sound a little stupid...but how do i go about doing this? Also generally i expected the speeds (and the range) being far greater will .11n. I've seen other people with the same issues, particularly with AirDisk.

AirDisk was one the key reasons I wanted to get this Basestation.

1) I can barely transfer large files onto the remote disk
2) I cant really watch videos through it without lag
3) I can't use it with time machine

Pretty darn useless :(