Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Once I upgraded to Panther my Computer slowed down so much that Safari took about 30 seconds to open, Because of this I installed a fresh copy of panther and it is working even faster than when Jag was installed.

I have a question though!

Because I reformated the hard drive my music Library went, is there a way to transfer music from the ipod into iTunes?(i.e. my hard-drive) otherwise I will have to spend hours ripping my music again which I did about 2 weeks ago when I recieved my new 12" powerbook???

Please Help

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
yes there is, just search on versiontracker and find a program to your taste. i noticed a program called ipodrip being talked about alot, i assume it does what you need by the name, but i have not checked out the application.

iJon

Anna

macrumors regular
May 25, 2003
Australia
well firstly...hope like hell you have checked the option of "manually manage playlists" coz as soon as you plug it in it will sync with ur mac. IF you havent, download a program called CrockPod, which if i remember right is freeware. If you want to spend some money you could go for the iPod2iTunes. I use crockpod and it is great.

Goodluck

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
If you're syncing to a new library it will ask you to confirm before it erases your ipod (in my experience), so that shouldn't be an issue.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I haven't synced an iPod, but when you use iSync, it asks you what to do when there is a difference and you can tell it to sync from the external device to your computer if you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.