PDA

View Full Version : Appletv advertising???

jecapaga
Feb 18, 2008, 01:25 AM
Where is it? I see an iphone ad almost any night I watch tv and yet this huge and untapped appletv market is not being displayed at all. Makes absolutely no sense to me to not do TV ads for apple's TV product. Duh. Why don't they have the cute little 30 second commercial showing how amazing and awesome and easy it is to rent an HD or standard video without leaving home?

Markleshark
Feb 18, 2008, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I do agree Apple could do more to promote the AppleTV. Feels a little like the runt of the litter.

slate1
Feb 18, 2008, 08:30 AM
Interesting topic - and I totally agree. I'm hoping that what they are doing is waiting until they have a larger library prior to the "all out assault" advertising campaign.

nando2323
Feb 18, 2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah definitely weird that there is no ads at all for :apple:TV their PR should be all over this. This thing could be huge if they got sales and content to go up allot more.

uva25
Feb 18, 2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah definitely weird that there is no ads at all for :apple:TV their PR should be all over this. This thing could be huge if they got sales and content to go up allot more.
Unfortunately, the average person will say that they can do that with On-Demand. Its the same people who ask why Tivo is better than any other DVR.

nippyjun
Feb 18, 2008, 11:43 AM
I believe Jobs said that they had sold 1 mil already. Imagine if the did advertise it.

pilotError
Feb 18, 2008, 11:45 AM
I think they need to beef up their Video Library a bit before advertising.

We are pretty much Beta customers until they feel it's read to roll out the red carpet.

I believe Jobs said that they had sold 1 mil already. Imagine if the did advertise it.

I didn't know they released any numbers on the Apple TV

MikieMikie
Feb 18, 2008, 02:05 PM

I'd love to believe that. Where did you hear him say it? I'd like something to back up this number since I believe it's more like 200K.

pilotError
Feb 18, 2008, 07:12 PM
I'd love to believe that. Where did you hear him say it? I'd like something to back up this number since I believe it's more like 200K.

And most of them are here on MR :D

wvuwhat
Feb 18, 2008, 07:40 PM
Where is it? I see an iphone ad almost any night I watch tv and yet this huge and untapped appletv market is not being displayed at all. Makes absolutely no sense to me to not do TV ads for apple's TV product. Duh. Why don't they have the cute little 30 second commercial showing how amazing and awesome and easy it is to rent an HD or standard video without leaving home?

I can see it right now. "I'm a Vudu" played by Rosie O'Donnell and "I'm an Apple TV" played by Eva Mendez.

MikieMikie
Feb 19, 2008, 07:05 AM
Lol.

harcosparky
Feb 19, 2008, 07:24 AM
Apple TV is Apples 'red headed step child'.

It appears as if they do not want to even support it.

Make an appointment for service on the Apple Genius Bar and you have 4 choices ........

1) Mac

2) iPod

3) Mac OSX

4) iPhone

I just made an appointment for my DEAD Apple TV under iPod.

Will report back later today how the visit went!!!!!

nando2323
Feb 19, 2008, 07:53 AM
I can see it right now. "I'm a Vudu" played by Rosie O'Donnell and "I'm an Apple TV" played by Eva Mendez.

ROFL!

nippyjun
Feb 19, 2008, 11:19 AM

I thought he said that at macworld.

severe
Feb 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
Yea.. Due to the lack of ads, it seems it's a device for Apple-heads ...so to speak. I'm not even sure what angle they would have used to mass advertise AppleTV prior to 2.0.

Now with the rentals, I do see it more marketable. We'll see.

dogtanian
Feb 19, 2008, 01:39 PM
As long as they don't do crappy adverts like this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HpHyMQR058

Luckily I live in the UK so I didn't see it but it's pretty pants! This also means I don't get much in the way of content (ie films).