PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in OZ got Panther from Apple store yet?

rayzor
Oct 26, 2003, 06:17 PM
Still waiting for delivery, hope its today.

ladiddy
Oct 26, 2003, 07:31 PM
Mo. 12:30 (lunch) Melbourne time - Panther just arrived (I didn't get the nice box though - just CDs and paperworks - I would have loved to get the real package ... oh well!)

rayzor
Oct 26, 2003, 07:50 PM
Great, Did the postie bring it all special delivery?

Macette
Oct 26, 2003, 08:52 PM
yep, i got mine this morning (melbourne, inner suburbs).

cb911
Oct 26, 2003, 08:57 PM
i'm out now... and i don't get home till 3:00pm. sure hope i don't miss the delivery.

so is it a courier, or Australia Post?

i don't want to get my hopes up, but it sure would be nice to see Panther waiting for me when i get home!! :D

i ordered the UtD, but it seems like all of the orders were shipping on Saturday and arriving today (Monday), so i'm living in hope for the next couple of hours. :p

colinet
Oct 26, 2003, 09:46 PM
Yes, this morning (Monday) Bellingen NSW got the $35 version for my dual G5.

EVERYTHING seems a lot faster and expose is brilliant and bloody quick.

And the BEST THING - you can now add your signature in Mail ABOVE the quoted text

soakwashrinse
Oct 26, 2003, 10:11 PM
Boo, I've been at home all day, it's now 3:10 PM in Sydney (Bondi) and still no sign of my UtD disks that shipped on Friday. Seems unlikely I'll get them today, and I'm not going to be home tomorrow until late. Damn.

iEric
Oct 26, 2003, 10:41 PM
I think Apple sends Software to Education people and other important people before sending it to consumers...Like it seems that a lot of people who ordered their copy from the Education site got theres faster than the normal Apple Store site.

rayzor
Oct 26, 2003, 11:03 PM
Still hasn't turned up yet :(

cb911
Oct 27, 2003, 12:13 AM
oh great... no one was home so i've missed the delivery today. they came at 1:00 :( oh well... waiting a bit longer won't kill me. only one more sleep, one more sleep. :p :D

and if anyone's still wondering whether it's by post or courier - i got a note left by StarTrack Express. so i guess everywhere would be courier.

only one more sleep... one more!:D

and rayzor - hang in there mate, perhaps tomorrow will be your lucky day as well. :)

soakwashrinse
Oct 27, 2003, 12:18 AM
Nope. :(

It sucks even more that a case I ordered for my PowerBook from the US shipped on Friday and arrived here today, whereas something that shipped from Sydney to Sydney hasn't. Apple Australia should dump that pathetic BAX Global and ship run-of-the-mill with Australia Post -- it would get here quicker.

Enough ranting from me.

soakwashrinse
Oct 27, 2003, 12:23 AM
Woops, looks like its StarTrack Express then. They must be just as bad as BAX Global. :)