Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cordeiro

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
Help!

I'm having serious problems enconding my movies with HB.
Since upgraded to Take2 the majority of my encodes have problems.
Everything seems fine except that sound disappears from the movies a few minutes after start playing.
Sometimes it disappears after 5 min, sometimes after 20m. There is not a pattern.
I'm still using HB 0.8.5 since 0.9.1 had a few problems but this sound problems only started after Take2.
Anyone has this problem?

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
What issues does/did HB 0.9.1 have? I've been using it and, with the exception of a few discs that have convoluted file structures, it's never given me a bad mp4.

This really isn't a direct solution to your current problem, but I'd say rip as many discs as your drive has space for and then wait until HB 0.9.2 is released, which will hopefully be within the next few days. That way you can get 5.1 sound.

temtexdent

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2007
Pardon my impatience, but it seems like forever waiting for 0.92. Pretty sad, huh? And no, I am not one to compile my own copy...so I will have to wait...

What issues does/did HB 0.9.1 have? I've been using it and, with the exception of a few discs that have convoluted file structures, it's never given me a bad mp4.

This really isn't a direct solution to your current problem, but I'd say rip as many discs as your drive has space for and then wait until HB 0.9.2 is released, which will hopefully be within the next few days. That way you can get 5.1 sound.

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
I hear ya. Even though it's only been a week since Take 2 came out, I'm chomping at the bit to get all my action movies encoded with 5.1. I have a ton of old classics, foreign films, and dramas that DPLII is fine for, but I want LOTR in 5.1!!!

Dynaflash has hinted that it might be in the next day or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.