PDA

View Full Version : I blame all of you guys.

ayeying
Feb 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
I'm going to the Apple Store in a few hours to pick up my MacBook Air :D

using my Student Discount, it should be $1699 + tax, so save me $100 for an external 2.5" drive with it.

iTeen
Feb 18, 2008, 01:49 PM
Hooray!!!!
Congratulations!!!!
Hope you enjoy it!!!

ctt1wbw
Feb 18, 2008, 01:49 PM
Hey, don't blame us. It took many months of stripping at the old folks home to muster up the dollar bills to buy this thing. I love it! I don't have to dance anymore. :D

I found out that the military discount is the same as the education one. I asked if they could combine the two. No such luck! :eek:

Much Ado
Feb 18, 2008, 01:50 PM
Congratulations!

Remember: Pictures, or it didn't happen.

dahcheet
Feb 18, 2008, 01:52 PM
Congratulations!

Of the stripping or the Macbook???? :confused:

Congrats on the purchase. Don't forget to condition your battery!!

Much Ado
Feb 18, 2008, 01:54 PM
Of the stripping or the Macbook???? :confused:

Both.

CalMin
Feb 18, 2008, 01:54 PM
I did the same thing. And yes, I blame everyone here too. Apple sucks the most - how dare they design something this sexy.:p

ayeying
Feb 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hey, don't blame us. It took many months of stripping at the old folks home to muster up the dollar bills to buy this thing. I love it! I don't have to dance anymore. :D

Haha, I'm just leaving a few hundred left in my savings account to buy this thing. At least I'll have enough to spend on till my next paycheck.. then more clothes shopping? :p

Both.

If you want a guy stripping :rolleyes:

Schmoe0013
Feb 18, 2008, 01:56 PM
Congratulations!

Do you still have to condition your battery? Is it just 3 full charges, right?

ayeying
Feb 18, 2008, 01:58 PM
Do you still have to condition your battery? Is it just 3 full charges, right?

mmm.. I never conditioned any battery on the laptops I've got? I'm not quite familiar with this..

NC MacGuy
I'm going to the Apple Store in a few hours to pick up my MacBook Air :D

using my Student Discount, it should be $1699 + tax, so save me $100 for an external 2.5" drive with it.

Misery Loves Company! You're welcome and don't freak w. battery until you've used it for at least a week without resetting PMU. :D

Much Ado
If you want a guy stripping :rolleyes:

Just the Macbook, then.

Remember to take it to coffee shops in one of those envelopes, just to get heads turning :)

dahcheet
Feb 18, 2008, 02:03 PM
Both.

Too bad Cybergypsy decided she wasn't going to go naked anymore. At least not with her MBA.

Cybergypsy
Feb 18, 2008, 02:18 PM
Too bad Cybergypsy decided she wasn't going to go naked anymore. At least not with her MBA.Naked is always good, the problem is I have a huge goose down comfi, on my bed and feathers get everywhere:cool:

dahcheet
Feb 18, 2008, 02:19 PM
Naked is always good, the problem is I have a huge goose down comfi, on my bed and feathers get everywhere:cool:

It's a good thing I'm not allergic to do.... I mean.... crap.

:p

lewisozz
Feb 18, 2008, 02:20 PM
Enjoy !!!! :

ctt1wbw
Feb 18, 2008, 02:26 PM
I still have the packaging. I probably won't ever get rid of it.

ayeying
Feb 18, 2008, 11:17 PM
so I got it. I went with a friend, didn't tell him I was getting one, only that I wanted to check it out. Ordered right on the spot, imagine his face when said "I'll take one" :D

Oh ya, pix.. um.. I'll have some pix of it being opened.. kinda just ripped through the packaging since I was excited. hahah

So far, I have no issues, aside from my wireless AP here at school being nothing but crap. Formatted using an external hard drive with the disk image. With a 10GB music collection, 2GB photo, 8GB virtual machine, I stil have 44.98GB free. Still have a few more stuff to install but so far, its running great.

Battery health's only at 97% though according to iStat.. not sure if that'll be a problem in the future. I did notice a MASSIVE slow down when the temps reached 85 deg C but beyond that, i love the system.

dahcheet
Feb 19, 2008, 07:24 AM
so I got it. I went with a friend, didn't tell him I was getting one, only that I wanted to check it out. Ordered right on the spot, imagine his face when said "I'll take one" :D

Oh ya, pix.. um.. I'll have some pix of it being opened.. kinda just ripped through the packaging since I was excited. hahah

So far, I have no issues, aside from my wireless AP here at school being nothing but crap. Formatted using an external hard drive with the disk image. With a 10GB music collection, 2GB photo, 8GB virtual machine, I stil have 44.98GB free. Still have a few more stuff to install but so far, its running great.

Battery health's only at 97% though according to iStat.. not sure if that'll be a problem in the future. I did notice a MASSIVE slow down when the temps reached 85 deg C but beyond that, i love the system.

Condition the battery once and the health should go up. I was at 95% and after the conditioning I got up to 99%.