Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
Hi, I've just given both Parallels and Fusion a trial, and one thing that really, really bugs me is that I have to type my password twice to get the thing to start, and with parallels, I have to type it a third time to stop it. This is really annoying. Is there anything I can do to just tell OSX that Fusion (I think that's the one I'm going to go with) can just do whatever the hell it wants, and to stop bugging me asking for passwords?

Out of interest, I was unimpressed with Parallels. It seemed very difficult to set up, and would not start up when my USB external HDD is plugged in. Nor could I get it to mount the disk in Windows. It just kept asking me if I wanted to, but never actually did it. Conversely, Fusion was easy to set up (It didn't want to convert my Boot Camp to a VM until I uninstalled Parallels and restarted (must have been jealous)) and I have absolutely no problems with my USB disk. And although I didn't try the Parallels version (because Parallels was annoying), Unity is great. I like how it totally hides away Windows, and floats Windows applications with the Mac ones. It's brilliant. And one more thing: I ran a long matlab script to test how fast each was, and the result was a tie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.