Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imapfsr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Victoria, B.C.
Hey All,
I am trying to get TW PGA2008 working on 1.8 MBA but it doesnt open and sometimes says cant find disc. I am using the super drive by the way. I was just wondering if anyone out there has got it working on their MBA.
Thanks all

imapfsr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Victoria, B.C.
I didnt think there would be a lot of people with TW2008 but I didnt think it would be this quiet. Maybe I will change the question a little as well. Has anyone tried a game that requires the disc to be in the superdrive and how did it perform as far as was it playable. Should a game like TW2008 be playable in the MBA using the Superdrive?
Thanks

TheMadBrewer

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
Marina del Rey, CA
I tried Civilization IV (both base and Warlords version) -- both require the CD be in the superdrive and that part of it works OK.

However, when you turn on one of the game options (show grid lines to easily identify the game squares) the program crashes with a "Divide by zero" exception in the graphics driver. If I don't turn on the option the game plays OK. That doesn't have anything to do with your problem, but I thought I'd mention it anyway :)

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Have you tried playing the game on any other macs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.