PDA

View Full Version : Injured Panther=My Wasted Weekend. Lots of problems with in...

MacBytes
Oct 26, 2003, 10:25 PM
Category: Mac OS X
Link: Injured Panther=My Wasted Weekend. Lots of problems with installation being reported. Firmware errors, faulty discs, kernal panics. (http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?13@81.cZyDaThShgJ.2@.599b3149)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Bunzi2k4
Oct 26, 2003, 10:56 PM
yea i've had a ton of problems with panther... but i'm not gonna go back to jag!! no way i spent my whole weekend to get this to work!!!!!!!

Rower_CPU
Oct 26, 2003, 11:01 PM
Hey, Mud', is this pointing to any particular discussion or the problems in general?

Bunzi2k4
Oct 26, 2003, 11:33 PM
i dunno, but the title represents my weekend......

Rower_CPU
Oct 26, 2003, 11:46 PM
I feel for you. Luckily, mine went great and I haven't had any problems.

Clean installs haven't let me down, yet...

aaron128
Oct 26, 2003, 11:49 PM
Well, I'll just add my vote: installed Panther as update from 10.2.8, and basically no problems yet. Some minor GUI glitches in the Finder, but that's it (Mail.app was hogging CPU for no reason, but it eventually calmed down).

I feel for everyone who is having problems, and it's too bad if Apple rushed the release. If you makes people feel better, I did spend basically the whole weekend preparing for the Panther install. Moving stuff around, I have a lot of video stuff so 100s of gigs of stuff that took a long time, repair permissions, DiskWarrioring, backing up Jaguar (Carbon Copy Cloner)...but CCC was acting up, so I had to reformat the target drive, which meant finding room for 60 gigs worth of stuff (which involved using my second machine -- my poor iBook), then finally a successful CCC, and a successful update to Panther. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can make it to 10.3.1 ...

ALoLA
Oct 27, 2003, 03:52 AM
My installation went fine here, although it took quite a bit of time. I upgraded from 10.2.8 on a 15" FP 800 MHz iMac. I love Expose. :)