PDA

View Full Version : Any point in waiting?




Golden Master
Feb 19, 2008, 03:19 AM
I am planning to buy a 1.8 SSD MBA in April. I'll be travelling a lot after that and I need to get one then if I am to gain the maximum benefit of its principle attribute (portability).

The reason for waiting until April was to allow time for Apple to address any major Rev A. glitches but as far as I can tell, there don't seem to be any huge problems. Bearing in mind the fact that I will likely miss any SSD price drops anyway, am I as well to get one now? Thanks



riyadc2
Feb 19, 2008, 03:25 AM
I highly doubt theres gonna be a hardware update within the next 3 months, might as well get it now :)

lewisozz
Feb 19, 2008, 03:50 AM
Just get one and enjoy it !!!! Apple will not release a new MBA NO.2 in 4 months !!!!!

Golden Master
Feb 19, 2008, 04:19 AM
Yes, I wasn't thinking of Rev B. or anything like that, just hardware stuff like - oops we left some plastic film over the vents...and that sort of thing.

As long as my assumption that the hardware is basically sound is correct (which is what I want to check) I agree that I might as well get one now.

Cybergypsy
Feb 19, 2008, 07:31 AM
Buy it now....really no issues at all.