PDA

View Full Version : Format War Over! Officially!

bigbossbmb
Feb 19, 2008, 03:40 AM
Link (http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/19/official-hd-dvd-dead-and-buried-format-war-is-over/)

Toshiba has left the fight and Sony wins!

Can't wait to see Paramount and Universal start announcing Blu-Ray release dates for their previous releases. I really want Transformers, Children of Men, and Eastern Prosmises.

I think this is the type of development that Apple's been waiting for before adding BTO options for Hi-Def media in their machines.

mdtsuk
Feb 19, 2008, 04:46 AM
How long do you think it will be before a Universal and Paramount announcement?

It can only be a matter of days / hours!!! :rolleyes:

I've put Transformers on Blu-Ray on my Christmas List ;)

northy124
Feb 19, 2008, 11:33 AM
They already announced that they are releasing Blu-Ray titles. Not sure which ones they are releasing first though. Dreamworks hasn't announced that they are going to Blu-Ray.

TEG
Feb 19, 2008, 11:36 AM
They already announced that they are releasing Blu-Ray titles. Not sure which ones they are releasing first though. Dreamworks hasn't announced that they are going to Blu-Ray.

Well considering that Dreamworks is owned by Paramount, it is a foregone conclusion that they are going to Blu-Ray.

The sad thing is, I saw about 20 HD-DVD ads this weekend on TV. I wonder how many people were suckered in by them.

TEG

northy124
Feb 19, 2008, 11:42 AM
All i want from HD DVD is American Gangster hope it come Blu soon.:D:D

Silver-Fox
Feb 19, 2008, 11:44 AM
read it today in the paper good news for everyone blu-ray ftw ^_^

bigbossbmb
Feb 19, 2008, 12:00 PM
I really hope that they can act quickly and get some of their previously released titles re-authored. I'm sure this won't effect the timeframe for new and catalog releases (not much if any).