PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Sailfish
Oct 27, 2003, 07:57 AM
How about setting up a rating system

Genere>Band>Album>Song

List all the bands songs and people rate them. This way folks wouldn't need to sample every song on a album.

The songs can be classified what year it came out, so people can get a instant list of say 80's rock hits or 90's dance favorites.

I have spent considerable time and wasted money searching and buying cd's to get 2500 good songs out of 4300.

Actually I think the Apple iTMS should be better qualified to do this from their larger data base. Then I just could submit the order to iTunes and downloading can begin.

Oh well it was a thought.

arn
Oct 29, 2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Sailfish
How about setting up a rating system

Genere>Band>Album>Song

List all the bands songs and people rate them. This way folks wouldn't need to sample every song on a album.

Two notes.

I hope every song off an album does not get added to DailyTunes. People should recommend the "best" songs - or songs they really like off an album.

Beyond that, there is a recommedation system in place. This will become more apparent as time goes on.

I will look into categorizing Genre > Artist > Album > Song however.

At this early stage though, it doesn't make sense... since people will be digging through multiple pages just to get to 1 song in each album.

arn